It Happened Again

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, once again, it has happened. As I described months ago, one of my scorpions who is in a small breeder pushed the glass top off her tank and got out. Well last night I was sleeping and was awoken to a girl friend of mine who could have sworn she saw one of the scorpions scatter across the floor. Well, I checked all my tanks and yes, one was missing.

This time she survived about a 3 foot fall onto a ceramic floor. Last time it was close to 5 feet onto carpet, and she hit a heat lamp for a seperate enclosure on her way down.

I post this as a reminder to keep a weight on top of those very short enclosures and never under estimate they're ability to escape. This is also to show how incredible they're ability to survive is. The fall was roughly equal to 9 times her body length, so in terms, that would equal about a 55 foot drop for an average sized human.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like you need to make a more secure enclosure if this is the 2nd time its happened

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was foolish really, and I agree. It's one of those Marine Land 2.5 gallon tanks to pair off fish in.. She wedges herself inbetween the glass top and the plastic supports around the tank. I usually just keep a weight on the top but I neglected to because I figured she learned her lesson from the first fall.. She's the only emp I have, nor do I want more... anymore antics and she might see her pic on the F/S forum. :D