Problem Issues with firefox

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For some reason, I am unable to view certain areas of the site, ie classifieds. I can browse classifieds section, but trying to click on an ad will yield a white screen.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
You're the first person I'm hearing this from and I'm unable to replicate. Have you tried with a different browser? Is your firefox version up to date? Are there other areas than the classifieds where you're having this issue? Do you have any 3rd party addons (adblockers) active?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
As an aside, FF is a bit of a mess right now. Some contributors are trying to make it more 'user friendly' ala Google - Youtube and as the saying goes, jack of all trades, master of none.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're the first person I'm hearing this from and I'm unable to replicate. Have you tried with a different browser? Is your firefox version up to date? Are there other areas than the classifieds where you're having this issue? Do you have any 3rd party addons (adblockers) active?
Everything works fine with Chrome, and it's only the classifieds so far. I do use AdBlocker Ultimate, but I'm not sure why it only goofs up on the classifieds.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Sorry about the delay in responding. Have you tried it in firefox with the adblocker turned off? (to rule out if that's causing the problem). As it works for you in chrome without issue, and we haven't had any other reports, I would lean towards this being local to your machine.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm running two quite different computers running the same OS and an exact duplicate of Firefox with the same profile. Both connect side by side to a router. The wuss computer cruises along and purrs without the slightest problem. The muscle machine runs fine one minute then stutters and lags the next and has connectivity issues.
Hardware + cache + Windows (our lady of infinite menopause) + buffers + what else? Moldy cheese in the fridge? You tell me what the hey.
Tried Opera and Chrome. Better in some ways, maybe most, but completely lacking in giving you the ability to write your own subsets and tweaks.

What I am failing to understand is how Firefox running and the number of tabs open directly - adversely affects the benchmarks of unrelated programs more on the machine with more and faster memory and a more powerful CPU. Give a pig too many strawberrys and it will sleep on them?

Last edited: