Isopods

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DOes anyone know any sites that are dedicated to them and sells/trades and such? I wanted to get some as terrarium janitors and also for my growing collection. LMK:)

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
KJUN Snakehaven www.kjunsnakehaven.com has a nice colony of the Spanish Orange Isopods that are often used as cage janitors... check with them (I believe they are listed on their site...if not, just email them). Make sure you tell them that Graham sent ya! GREAT people to do business with. They also sell rotten wood by the box..great for millipedes, roaches, isopods, etc.!

Graham

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's cool, but are there any sites that have larger selections of isopods?

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, not really- only a few people have them...plus there's only a handful (3-4) species I know of in culture currently... good luck on your search!

Graham

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember bugchick.com had a link to an isopod dealer that had a lot of cool species, but for some reason, i can't find the link anymore.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
right now i am keeping the gray/purplish species that is local to San Diego it gets very close to an inch in length, i also have some orange and dwarf white species.
the guy that had a large variety of them was procelioplanet. he used to post them for sale on petbugs.com, but i haven't heard from him for a while.
if you are interested in some, then shoot me a line, i should be able to sell you some, if not then i can direct you to someone that can sell you some.
thanks,
jason

McPede

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
right now i am keeping the gray/purplish species that is local to San Diego it gets very close to an inch in length, i also have some orange and dwarf white species.
the guy that had a large variety of them was procelioplanet. he used to post them for sale on petbugs.com, but i haven't heard from him for a while.
if you are interested in some, then shoot me a line, i should be able to sell you some, if not then i can direct you to someone that can sell you some.
thanks,
jason
You mean this site?
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/porcellio/pix/index.album/oniscus-sp-possibly-asellus?i=5

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you so much, that's exactly what i was looking for:)