Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have been giving my Trichorhina tomentosa feces and aspen shavings from cleaning out my hognose snake enclosures. They seem to be thriving on it. Are there any species who should not be getting snake feces? I am planning on adding the following species to my isopod collection...
1. Oniscus asellus 'Maple'
2. Porcellio laevis 'Dairy Cow'
3. Porcellionides pruinosus 'Powder Blue'
Thank you!

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
I think all of them would appreciate it occasionally, but even my big cultures of pruinosus take a while to break down my rosy boa’s feces. I’d imagine the laevis and pruinosus would react more positively, just because they’re usually more vicious than O. asellus

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been giving my Trichorhina tomentosa feces and aspen shavings from cleaning out my hognose snake enclosures. They seem to be thriving on it. Are there any species who should not be getting snake feces? I am planning on adding the following species to my isopod collection...
Thank you!
i would offer it to all of them. I agree with @Jurdon that the laevis and pruinosus are likely to be a little more enthusiastic than the O. asellus.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Thank you!
I've got 9 different species of isopods in colonies, and there appears to be no rhyme or reason as to what supplemental food they will eat or refuse. Certainly the Porcellio like protein more, but beyond that its a real crapshoot. Recent fails with several species include pumpkin and melon, which I've read are loved by many species of isopod.

Of the species that I have in my bearded dragon bioactive the P. scaber are more likely to eat the poop and the skin than two species of Armadillidium (peach and zebra) in there. In the more crowded colony enclosures they all seem to like eat reptile poop and shed more. And none will touch the urates.

I haven't been able to figure out my powder blues in terms of why they hang out in certain areas of the enclosure (i.e. moisture preference) or food preference but my dairy cows are perhaps my new favorite overall. Seem to breed easily, get really big, aren't spooked by light, come in a large variety of cool spots in contrast to the white, and are really quite enticing to watch. They move quite slowly and deliberately, much like watching fish in an aquarium. I was going to pass on these but @Aquarimax was so enthusiastic about how cool they are on his channel that I had to get some. He was right.

My kids are waiting for more dairy cow babies so they can adopt some as well.

I have no experience with the Oniscus so can't comment on them.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Porcellio laevis is frequently found around farms in the UK, under piles of manure. I've fed mine cockroach droppings and they enjoyed that.