Isis - B.boemhie pre molt

kuwala84

Arachnopeon
hey every 1.just putting up some pics of my gal before the big event and then some after to see the difference.i do have a question tho.How long do u guys think its gonna be before this gal actually molts?

Let me know what you guys think

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would say within 10 days easily.When my Smithi looks like that, it's within a week really.

Ingar

Arachnopeon
I would say within 10 days easily.When my Smithi looks like that, it's within a week really.
You can't compare B. smithi with B. boehmei, even if they are in same genera. B. grows more slower than smithies.
This B. boehmei are very slow growers such as B. emilia. My is under good (27 Celsius, 70% hum.) conditions, she is still in L6 which she reached about 3 years seriously.. My 5 B. smithi T's at that time now are near maturity..
I think that will take a half of month or a bit more.
There need a lot of patience to grow up those fellows :)

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Sweet T by the way :) :clap:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ime, the above statement is very untrue. While I've never had B smithi, my B boehmei female grew from a small size slightly larger than a quarter to 6"+ in a single year. I've heard many others state boehmei is a much faster grower as well. :)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey every 1.just putting up some pics of my gal before the big event and then some after to see the difference.i do have a question tho.How long do u guys think its gonna be before this gal actually molts?

Let me know what you guys think
Ime, the above statement is very untrue. While I've never had B smithi, my B boehmei female grew from a small size slightly larger than a quarter to 6"+ in a single year. I've heard many others state boehmei is a much faster grower as well. :)
I am assuming that the OP didn't take this pic as soon as the T's abdomen turned that color, and that it has been this shiny black for at least a few days. I know B. vagans are supposed to be the fastest growing brachyphelma, but mine has been in premolt LONGER than my smithi normally is. Every T is different. Now that I am thinking about it, I should look in on my vagans and see if it has molted in it's burrow yet...

kuwala84

Arachnopeon
took the pictures this morning but she has been like this for 3 days already.she is roughly 2.25 inch at the moment and the breeder i got her from told me she is molting every 3 months or so.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
took the pictures this morning but she has been like this for 3 days already.she is roughly 2.25 inch at the moment and the breeder i got her from told me she is molting every 3 months or so.
How long have you had her? remember, molt times vary with feeding and temperature :)

kuwala84

Arachnopeon
ive had her 3 weeks and the temprature is 27 - 29 during the day and 24 - 25 at night.she hasnt fed since i got her

Ingar

Arachnopeon
Believe me, I have a huge experience of keeping Ts.
B. boehmei definatelly is one of slowest growers in Brachypelma genera.
Here simply no doubt about this.:embarrassed:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
FACT-B. boehmei is a MUCH faster grower than B smithi!!

Believe me, I have a huge experience of keeping Ts.
B. boehmei definatelly is one of slowest growers in Brachypelma genera.
Here simply no doubt about this.:embarrassed:
...when kept under the same conditions, anyway.

Say bro, I'm not doubting your ability or experience at keeping BUT I firmly disagree that B boehmei is a slower grower than B smithi. I'd be willing to bet there are many more that would also refute this claim than agree with it as well.

I'll post a pic of my female at not much more than a year of age in this thread in a moment to back it up!

Terry

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

When she first arrived in early/mid Nov 2009

IMG_3299 by trdavis22, on Flickr.

A molt right at about a year after I got her.

007 by trdavis22, on Flickr

A few weeks/month after that.

029 by trdavis22, on Flickr

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It certainly is.......and evidently not that strange, either. I've noticed the fast growth of B boehmei over most other Brachys mentioned several times over the past year+ on this board. Then again, slower growth could possibly be more typical for other populations of B boehmei in other areas of their range- which I meant to also add in an earlier post. :eek:

Op, Sorry for the derailment although it appeared you'd already received the replies you wanted in response to your inquiry. It does appear that your indiv may molt soon. However, I mentioned this same thing in response to another thread with a pic and the same question, only to have two indivs in my collect molt 2+ weeks after blackening after I'd posted it. Most in this condition before that time had molted within a couple to several days. So...........who knows? :)