• Burrowing

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Combination of the two

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK, I know that they burrow as sling (or more borrow/put dirt in webbing). Ive heard of quite a few people though that say their burrow even as adults. So basically I just want to make a poll and see what most people's do. Are they completely arboreal (like avics/pokies), do they burrow almost all the time, or are they a middle, where they burrow but still come out and explore often.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can't help you much, mine is a strangely constructed pet hole at the moment. The webbing goes almost all the way to the top of its vial, and funnels everything down to a hole in the substrate. There is plenty of dirt in the webbing all the way up the vial, and anything we drop in, crickets or water, are funneled into the hole. Haven't seen it, not even a flash of legs, for almost a month now.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know they are definately arboreal in the wild, i meant in captivity for this question. Sorry if that confused anyone.

Reason I ask is I have a sling and im getting a juvie female, and I want to know if its worth making it a display one, with a really nice tank, but not if its going to be burrowed 90% of the time.

Iggy

Arachnopeon
i know they are definately arboreal in the wild, i meant in captivity for this question. Sorry if that confused anyone.

Reason I ask is I have a sling and im getting a juvie female, and I want to know if its worth making it a display one, with a really nice tank, but not if its going to be burrowed 90% of the time.
I look at it this way, make a nice display habitat for it and if it is visible often great and if not the tank looks nice regardless.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know that mentality but thats not what im looking for. I would rather then just make the display tank nice and put a different species in it and keep the "blue" like I keep all the others.

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I vote combination of the two. You can control their behavior by changes you make to their setups. They are highly adaptable and will burrow or show arboreal tendencies based on the set up you provide. :)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry Midnight. Mine is a sling, but how big I have no idea. I never see it. I'm not going to dig it out and take the chance of hurting it because the crickets I throw in there always disappear.

BPruett

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine are close to 2.5 inches and they are always under ground...

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My female lives in a hollow bark tube, like a Poec.