Is watching your tarantula relaxing for you?

Is watching your tarantula relaxing for you?

• Yes

Votes: 55 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don´t know

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I especially like watching my Ts place down web or do the "happy dance" after eating. I only have 4 Ts but if one is walking around I will often just sit there and watch it.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
It's not necessarily relaxing, but it's a lot of fun for me. I could watch them do things for hours.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Absolutely, especially now that I have a busybody GBB sling. It spends a lot of time laying silk with its cute wittle spinnerets and it's so fun to watch ;_;

s dave

Arachnopeon
I get my zen on with my spiders on the regular but it's changed over time. Where I used to spend a lot of time sitting and watching day to day, I now get more of a watching them over extended periods of time.

Feeding has changed from "EAT TO PREY! I WANT TO SEE YOU" to "drop in food and walk away, I'll check tomorrow..."

Now I really enjoy the week to week enclosure developments. I really love rehousing something that I know will revamp the enclosure like a Chilobrachys or P. murinus. My T. albopilosum is an amazing burrower... after a rehouse, I have always have to remove a ton of dirt and dig up the damn water dish 4-5 times.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I went to the Repticon in Denver yesterday, and picked up an order of Phormictopus slings. We're getting ready for my grandsons B-Day party today, but I did get to feed them late in the day and watch them. What a cool looking spider, 5 of the 8 did their happy dance for hours yesterday. Their movement is very methodical, and they are very curious about the inside of their enclosures...exploring every nook and cranny. Several started digging their burrows.

I was expecting 1” slings...these Phormictopus are probably 1.25” on the low end to almost 1.5”, large enough that their powder blue sling color is beginning to fade and be replaced with darker shades.

I keep my slings in AMAC boxes. When I took off the lid, they'd casually come out and explore as far as I'd let them. Very calm, very cool. I'll miss that once their adult behaviors kick in and become prevalent.