Is this supposed to happen? Incredibly fast egg development

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry, i meant california, i was just so tired i absendmindedly typed canada:8o.
but you cannot send ts overseas without a special permit, sorry.:(

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sorry, i meant california, i was just so tired i absendmindedly typed canada:8o.
but you cannot send ts overseas without a special permit, sorry.:(
Ya I know, it sucks. Aw oh well, I just hope someone here sells them for that cheap. Well, good luck, doesn't seem like you'll need it since you successfully hatched this one, but just incase.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hehe, i need all the luck i can get as i bred my g. pulchra 8 weeks ago...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hehe, i need all the luck i can get as i bred my g. pulchra 8 weeks ago...
Really? I wish you the best of luck then! I hope someone here in the states is breeding G. pulchra as well.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i mated her twice. she strictly refused a third time and tried to eat the male the first two tries. fortunately, he was a brave fellow and i had my forceps ready ;).

i cooled her down for about 4 weeks, then it just got too hot here, so i heated her up and swamped her tank. she's been eating a lot and got quite fat - could be from the many crix though, she's not fat enough that i'd be ready to swear she's pregnant. during the last few days, she's been very restless. let's hope for the best...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont believe you,

I think you need to provide a picture as proof.:drool:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i mated her twice. she strictly refused a third time and tried to eat the male the first two tries. fortunately, he was a brave fellow and i had my forceps ready ;).

i cooled her down for about 4 weeks, then it just got too hot here, so i heated her up and swamped her tank. she's been eating a lot and got quite fat - could be from the many crix though, she's not fat enough that i'd be ready to swear she's pregnant. during the last few days, she's been very restless. let's hope for the best...
Do you have any pictures? I can just imagine the day when you come home one day with your big beauty holding a nice BIG sac.. ahh. One step ahead of you on the hoping part lol, even though we don't get any slings here in the states, unless you sell to a breeder/dealer that can export them to another breeder/dealer here.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
unfortunately, i have nor pics of the breeding, as i had to stand ready with the forceps all the time. she was incredibly agressive towards the male, fortunately he was quite big and really very brave.

but i'll take a pic of her right away, will only take a few minutes. so don't go anywhere! ;)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OMG! i can't believe it! my sweet, docile girl just bit the forceps when i tried to get her into better light :eek:. maybe she's pregnant after all...

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like she is gaining some gurth on that bottem of hers and that is a very good sign. Thank you for the pics and good luck with that girl!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
unfortunately, i have nor pics of the breeding, as i had to stand ready with the forceps all the time. she was incredibly agressive towards the male, fortunately he was quite big and really very brave.

but i'll take a pic of her right away, will only take a few minutes. so don't go anywhere! ;)

Whew, can't wait! I love pulchras!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OMG! i can't believe it! my sweet, docile girl just bit the forceps when i tried to get her into better light :eek:. maybe she's pregnant after all...
A little late with my last post, but she is stunning! She does look like she is carrying some weight, lets hope you have little tiny pulchras running around in no time.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i hope so too.

i just got another pic of her. it's crappy, but you get an idea of the size of her butt;)

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh ya that rump is huge! How long ago did you mate her? I'm pretty sure they have a pretty long gesgation period, since they are Grammostola spp.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i just looked up the date, and i was wrong by a month in the post above - it's been nearly three months now, i mated her on 10. february.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure she won't be popping for another month or two.

My Aphonopelma chalcodes was gaining weight over the past couple of months and I thought it was from the food till I did a little test: I haven't fed her in about 2 weeks and her abdomen is getting bigger even without feeding, so I know she has to be gravid. You should test your G.pulchra. I just made sure she had water in case of anything.