Is this premolt sign,or problem

Pangalin

Arachnopeon
Hi can any one help with my brachypelma hamorii,over the last week I have noticed a patch on the top of the abdomen and as a newbie just wana make sure it's not a health issue and maybe a possible sign of premolt.
Been eating fine still quite active,appreciate any advice cheers 20210120_200500.jpg

Pangalin

Arachnopeon
Thanks for reply,I do not handle it and do not give cause to it to kick hairs,would they kick even when left to there own devices??would hate to have a health issue with it

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Thanks for reply,I do not handle it and do not give cause to it to kick hairs,would they kick even when left to there own devices??would hate to have a health issue with it
Yes. They will kick even when you are not disturbing them in any way. They liked to lay down a layer of hairs in their enclosure as defense.

SlyOwlet

Arachnopeon
Sometimes they will kick hairs to line their burrows and webbing with hairs as an extra defense. I don’t handle mine either and rarely see any kicking hairs but I’ll still see little bald spots from time to time and I definitely feel the burn after sticking my bare hands in substrate during enclosure changing, lol. Don’t be like me; wear gloves.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Sometimes they will kick hairs to line their burrows and webbing with hairs as an extra defense. I don’t handle mine either and rarely see any kicking hairs but I’ll still see little bald spots from time to time and I definitely feel the burn after sticking my bare hands in substrate during enclosure changing, lol. Don’t be like me; wear gloves.
Definitely either wear gloves or at the least use extreme caution when you have to deal with the substrate. This shouldn't be often as your specimen looks pretty large OP, but it's still good to keep in mind.

Pangalin

Arachnopeon
I'm glad the general consensus is hair kicking as only had him/her for 3 months and would hate to think iv done something wrong,I'm constantly scanning information to avoid bad husbandry so thanks😎

Definitely either wear gloves or at the least use extreme caution when you have to deal with the substrate. This shouldn't be often as your specimen looks pretty large OP, but it's still good to keep in mind.
I would say body is approx 2 1/2 inch so still growing hope for first molt to try and sex soon

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Yes, just typical hair kicking balding. Keep an eye on the bay patch, when it goes from that pinky, peach color to dark, that is a sign molt is coming

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes normal, it's a scientific fact.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Bald patches from kicking hairs, they sometimes kick them off around their burrows/hides to deter any would-be intruders, I never give my M. mesomelas any cause to kick hairs yet she'll usually kick herself bald within a couple months of moulting.

They'll make it easier to spot when a moult is coming as bald patches turn black as the new exoskeleton forms underneath.

Bald vs pre-moult.jpg

Buffalo Ts

Arachnoknight
When rehousing my P. Sp. Mascara, it looked like I was going into the covid wing of the hospital. Not messing with those hairs!

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Ripping out your hair and throwing it at someone definitely makes them question if they should mess with you.