Is this POECILOTHERIA ORNATA male or female??

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's actually better to take a ventral pic post-molt, when the spider has a chance to harden and eat.

Anyone wanna take a shot at this one?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I still think female. I see purple on the carapace too. Plus you have a small T. All the adult female colors will not be there fully for a few more molts. Just my opinion, I could be wrong though.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
I still think female. I see purple on the carapace too. Plus you have a small T. All the adult female colors will not be there fully for a few more molts. Just my opinion, I could be wrong though.
so purple on the carapace would indicate female? i've never heard of that.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was talking about that spider, not any spider. My males have a purple color to them to just like the one you just posted, but their ventral does not look anything like the one he posted. So his ventral coupled with the colors I see makes me think female.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
ahh ok. wasn't sure if you meant in general or otherwise. i had never heard anything about purple coloration in regards to sex. the pics i posted are in fact my old male. ..he loved the taste of his water bowl. :}

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Funny you say that, most of my males seem to love their water dishes. I never catch my females in them only the males. Weird.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I really didn't want to do this since he was looking so comfy in his burrow (aren't these arboreal? lol) but I got him out anyway for the sake of this thread. He wasn't happy at all and in fact gave the most impressive display I'd ever seen! My evil P. irminia doesn't even come close! Although my P. irminia will actually strike rather than just throw up her arms and then run away.

Anyway, here he is...
Man, that pic is incredible:eek: :worship: