is this normal?

damoscorpio

Arachnopeon
on my buthus occitanus, his telson for the past two months i'd say has been getting darker. it is now fully black! :?

is there anything wrong? since he's now full size he doesnt sting his prey... could this be a cause?

cheers!

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nao sei a resposta para a tua pergunta, mas era porreiro se me desses o mail para falarmos :p

Sou tambem de Portugal e era porreiro trocarmos algumas impressoes!

Abraço

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you put some pics, that could help ;)

I've never seen a B. Ibericus/Occitanus with dark tail, so that could be a problem... I would say........ fungi???? :S

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Especially if the discolouration grows fast, I would say that it is probably a mycosis-(fungus)infection. I once had an imperator with a fully blackened telson.....
Needless to say, it is not very good news for your scorpion... Specimen with these infections usually don't live very long, plus there is a high probability of the infection spreading to your other scorpions..

damoscorpio

Arachnopeon
i'll try and do some pictures. but they wont be great quality. well there are no other scorpions in the enclosure. about august this year i would have had him for 5 years. and never had i had any problems like this. i'm hoping i got the anatomy right.. the telson is the last part of the tail before the sting right?

the blackness isnt on it. its under the 'shell' but only on the last segment of the tail... so i am confused...