is this emperor (F) mature?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the Female is on the left. the male on the right. is the female ready for mating/breeding?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
IMHO they both look mature. If it had a creamy white coloured telson I would say that it was still a juvenile.

Like it was mentioned in your other post, she could be gravid already and unreceptive. She may just not be in the mood.

If you watched the video I posted in your other thread, you'd see the one where the male was not wanting to mate... I found out that he was old, he died within the week after that vid. Yours' may be old.

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thank you thaedion. is there any way to know if my female is already gravid?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It does already look a little chunky. But if they are both together and she wasn't already, they would have, or at least attempted to mate. If your not convinced, leave them together for half a day and see what they do, if they mate, shes not and if they don't, she is... It's hardly difficult. Glad to see your beccoming more interested in all the aspects of invert keeping.

Browse through the FAQ in your spare time, all of the anwsers are in there.
Best of luck, ;)

Ed

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
there were so many attempts in just a few minutes when i introduce the male. the male keeps on shaking and slowly moves towards the female. i know the male wants her, but the female keeps on reacting violently and pushing the male's claw. oh well, maybe i do have to leave them a little longer :wall: