Is This an Avicularia Avicularia or a Avicularia Metallica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tarantulas aren't like dogs & cats.

When was the last time we discovered a new species or dog/cat? (Not breed, I mean like a lion vs. a tiger, a wolf vs. a fox.)

When was the last time we discovered a new species of tarantula? Probably a whole heck of a lot more recently. People are trying to correctly ID any possible new species & make sure we have correct IDs on the ones currently in existence. There is way to much work to be done before making "designer" breeds of tarantulas.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Tarantulas aren't like dogs & cats.

When was the last time we discovered a new species or dog/cat? (Not breed, I mean like a lion vs. a tiger, a wolf vs. a fox.)

When was the last time we discovered a new species of tarantula? Probably a whole heck of a lot more recently. People are trying to correctly ID any possible new species & make sure we have correct IDs on the ones currently in existence. There is way to much work to be done before making "designer" breeds of tarantulas.
Well said. +1

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Ok Coaster, here's the deal. I'm still a newb and while everyone has the right to act any way they please (to a certain extent), maybe learning some forum manners could help you get your questions answered with less anger and sarcasm.

I think it's been stated SEVERAL times by several people in several ways why cross-breeding Ts is frowned upon. No, there is no law against it, but it's frowned upon. Why? Because you're still new to the Hobby. Who's to say you (personally you) won't lose interest in 6 months. Suddenly you have a whole load of slings that are not A. metallica and not A. whatever you want to xbreed. Are you going to keep a bunch slings you're no longer interested in taking care of? I somehow doubt it. These slings get out into the hobby, sold as A. metallica. So now someone who has one of these slings wants to breed as well. They think they have a purebred A. metallica and they don't. If you cannot see why this is bad, then I don't honestly know what to say to you anymore.

I honestly think you're a troll. I've been around the internet long enough to spot one. And you are one of the better trolls, too. That does not make you cool though. It just makes you a troll. I am going to be nice regardless of that because I respect this community. You remind me of Dawgpoundsound, who I know runs around youtube badmouthing these forums. Do I care? No. But when people (or a person) start coming here and harassing the hobbyists who have been nothing but awesome and supportive to me, then I get a little irritated. Why? Because the more these awesome people get harassed, the less likely they are to help the next newb who comes along genuinely looking for advice. And I would hate that to happen to someone and their spider. (yes, I did say someone please think of the spiders... LOL) So, if you are a troll, be a nice one and go away. Beat your chest elsewhere, have your trolling buddies pat you on the back and move on. If you're not, then please LEARN TO USE THE INTERNET. Stop hanging out at 4chan and /b/ and stop generally trying to stir the pot (BTW I am also pro-pot, but you are making the rest of us look bad, so stop being on my side, mmkay?) just for the sake of causing drama. You don't win the internets, you are not awesome and I'm still of the mind your HED is pastede on yayz.
:D

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah true I guess I would have too many, ok but lets say I did sell these hybrids. What is so bad about that? What if you tried to buy an Avic Avic and wound up with a hybrid, what does that change besides some codons?
Um, if I bought from you-- the fact that I wanted an Avicularia avicularia, and didn't get one? The fact that you'd be muddying up an already muddied genus, making identification even more difficult? Or, heck, you sell something that's a hybrid, or potentially a hybrid, to someone else who is a breeder, and doesn't know it's a hybrid--and then they breed a hybrid T with something, and then I buy something from them--and it's a hybrid. Ad nauseam.

Now--personally, you want to hybridize your own T's, for your benefit/curiosity, that's your bag man. Your collection, not my problem. Talkenlate04 cross-bred some B.vagans and B.albopilosum in what was IMO a responsible manner, but Ryan gives me a vibe that he's a responsible dude. You don't. Not yet at any rate.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin note

@ Coaster:

Honestly, stop trolling and run a search. There are WAY too many threads on this topic and you have not added anything new at all in your questions. Therefore it does not warrant it's own thread.

Buh Bye.

Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.