is this a T

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
help needed can someone tell me if this is a T or not please as it has just ran across me bed but the thing is i dont keep T'S and it scared the s##t out of me

fatbloke

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can't tell much by the pic... but I don't think so. it looks something like a trapdoor but its probably not

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jeez man - that doest look like a T nor does it look like it belongs in the UK.

I dunno much about spiders but the legs look like those huntsman they have in the US.

How big is that sucker?

Plus any idea how the hell it got to be on your bed???

Stu.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The picture is awful dark, but I wasn't aware of any T's that were native to the UK.

Did you kill it? Can you get another pic of it?

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the body size of it is only about 1/2 inch long with about an inch leg span how it ended up in me bed i have no idea but i did get a some pots from a friend the other day but i didnt open the bag till yesterday and i know he keeps T's

fatbloke
ihave also attached another image to see if this will help:?

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Your Spider Pic

I was just wondering if you could get a picture of the spider form the topside? Both of your pictures seem to show the underside. It looks like a really AWESOME critter though! I hope someone will figure out what it is though it looks mean and nasty!

*shiver*

Wysi

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One question, do the fangs point down or inward towards the center of the mouth?

Still hard to tell from the pic.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Could it be an Atrax robustus? It looks pretty similar to the pictures I've resized for an avatar I made for my Scottish buddy at Superhero Hype! who goes by the name Atrax Robustus.

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i will get some more photos of it from different angles when its light but the first picture i posted was of the top of the spider but i only have dim lighting in the room and it was done by torch light so hence lack of picture quality and maybe my fear of spiders might of had something to do with it aswell

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just taking a guess but I seriously doubt it's a theraphosid. Not only due to it's size but also the position of the lungs or shape if the sternum and coxa doesn't much resemble a theraphosid. The shape of the legs in the second pic kind of remind me of a heteropoda too. I would guess it's some type of mygale but it seems kind of small to be that. Maybe it's a Dysderid. They range in parts of Europe and definitely have a shape much like the pics. Pics with better lighting would definitely help.

Atrax

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thankyou to every one who tried to put my mind at rest last night i emailed the pics to my mate that i got the tubs of and just got a reply of him and he has told me that its just a common house spider thankyou once again

fatbloke