Is this a Lampropelma or a Cyriopagopus...

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
C lividus imo

Very short setae. Thick stout legs. Etc. Nothing beyond poop stains say arboreal.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
IMO, it looks like C. lividus. An L. violaceopes should have a more blue-ish hint to the abdomen/opisthosoma rather than a dark grey/black.

And yes, you should buy it! Who doesn't like an angry blue Asian tarantula, regardless if it's a climber or a digger?

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
C lividus imo

Very short setae. Thick stout legs. Etc. Nothing beyond poop stains say arboreal.
So it's a climbing, pooping fossorial...probably because it doesn't have any substrate to be a burrowing fossorial tarantula in...

IMO, it looks like C. lividus. An L. violaceopes should have a more blue-ish hint to the abdomen/opisthosoma rather than a dark grey/black.
I was thinking more along the lines of L. sp. Borneo black... they do have a purple/blue hue when the light is right, but you are all right, the coloring and stature is looking more like C. lividus.

I'm not sure I want a fossorial. I mean I'd set it up properly and likely never see it again...

McSP1D8R

Arachnopeon
Should you buy it? Hmm subjective answer for me would be no, I've owned one and had her bolt out of the enclosure and on to my chest! ( not the reason I dont like them) For me I'm just not a fan of pet holes, give me a big itchy NW terrestrial eating machine any day :rofl:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
So it's a climbing, pooping fossorial...probably because it doesn't have any substrate to be a burrowing fossorial tarantula in...

I was thinking more along the lines of L. sp. Borneo black... they do have a purple/blue hue when the light is right, but you are all right, the coloring and stature is looking more like C. lividus.

I'm not sure I want a fossorial. I mean I'd set it up properly and likely never see it again...
I'd brown box you a Lampropelma if that's not a C lividus :rofl:

Compare setae length.

boina

Lady of the mites
I'd brown box you a Lampropelma if that's not a C lividus :rofl:

Compare setae length.
I believe you, I believe you! :rofl:

But then I don't think I want it. Like @McSP1D8R I'm not the biggest fan of pet holes. And I think it may already be elderly.