Is this a good cage for a G Rosea tarantula

BreedinSpoders

Arachnopeon
This cage is 10.3in in diameter 5.5in in height. My g rosea is about a year and a couple months old and is in a terrarium entirely to big so I am moving her into this. She has only been in the big one for 6 weeks. She used to be in a critter keeper

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If your G. rosea is only a year old, then I very much doubt that it's ready for an enclosure that large. However, age means almost nothing when it comes to tarantulas. What is the diagonal leg span? Measure from the front left toe to the back right toe. And as @Biollantefan54 said, please post pictures of the enclosure. And of the spider if at all possible.

Last edited:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If that's the tarantula in question in your avatar then I highly doubt thats a year and a few months

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This cage is 10.3in in diameter 5.5in in height. My g rosea is about a year and a couple months old and is in a terrarium entirely to big so I am moving her into this. She has only been in the big one for 6 weeks. She used to be in a critter keeper
If your avatar is the spider you have, then it is definitely older than a year. Also, it should not be handled, especially that far off the ground.
This is my enclosure for mine. Mimic this and you're good.

BreedinSpoders

Arachnopeon
Thank you I am 14 and a T beginner I do have a lot of expirience with reptiles and have done quit a lot of reasearch on T but nothing's better than talking to expirienced owners thank you for the info

BreedinSpoders

Arachnopeon
If your G. rosea is only a year old, then I very much doubt that it's ready for an enclosure that large. However, age means almost nothing when it comes to tarantulas. What is the diagonal leg span? Measure from the front left toe to the back right toe. And as @Biollantefan54 said, please post pictures of the enclosure. And of the spider if at all possible.
IMG_7905.JPG IMG_3473.JPG

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Id call that a bit small for a spider that size. And a little short for most peoples tastes, im sure, but someone with more experience may think otherwise

cold blood

Staff member
Id call that a bit small for a spider that size. And a little short for most peoples tastes, im sure, but someone with more experience may think otherwise
yeah small....but they dont need much sub as they rarely burrow or use a hide.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
5.5 gallon size is what I use. That Rosie is big....I love it! Only pick it up when sitting on the carpet. Even Rosehairs will jump or bolt if frightened. Most people yawn at rosehairs, I love them.