Is somthing wrong

Moespidas420

Arachnopeon
My stripe knee seems to have blocked him.her self in its home I don't wanna move it just in case he.she is upset could my T be dying

Walker253

Arachnobaron
A blocked up entrance should be taken as a "Do Not Disturb" sign. Your tarantula could be getting ready to molt. Just leave it alone. It should be fine.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Tarantulas know a whole lot more about being tarantulas than we do. Leave the T be -- could be premoult (likely) or could just feel safer burrowed. Way way way too soon for any concern. When you start smelling something dead -- then worry.

@Walker253 is exactly right -- those dirt curtains mean "Do Not Disturb!"

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
No problemo amigo. Spider being spider. Preparing for moult maybe or it is just messing with your head ;)

cold blood

Staff member
Keep in mind that they can hide away like this for months...some as long as a year...so don't get all worked up if it doesn't emerge for a month. Things like this are why many of us keep lots of different species.

Its just a waiting game for now.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Keep in mind that they can hide away like this for months...some as long as a year...so don't get all worked up if it doesn't emerge for a month. Things like this are why many of us keep lots of different species.

Oh, yeah :shifty:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's fine, probably premoult behaviour or just doesn't want to be disturbed, just make sure to keep its water topped up.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
@Devin B You disagree? Please enlighten me as to why.
Sorry about that I must have hit disagree by accident I think you are right about it getting ready to molt. Lol I reread the whole thread twice trying to figure out what you where talking about. Again sorry about that

Jason B

Arachnosquire

I quoted the above message because its still valid. This is a species that can fast for a very long time. Sometimes as long as a year, its one of the downsides to owning them, almost all grammostola are capable of fasting for long periods of time. Its quite possible your T could spend a few months doing exactly what its doing.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I quoted the above message because its still valid. This is a species that can fast for a very long time. Sometimes as long as a year, its one of the downsides to owning them, almost all grammostola are capable of fasting for long periods of time. Its quite possible your T could spend a few months doing exactly what its doing.
yep my rosea is weeks shy of fasting for a whole year now :D

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's been almost week and a half of no food he.she pulled the leaf up one door and webbed the front door no food hasn't come out
Spider looks fine to me. Might be gearing up for a molt or just not feeling like being out in the open.

I would not even bother offering food until it comes out looking for it.