Is my T.Blondi cleaning himself?

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I woke up this morning and went to check on him. He was moving his pedipalps and front legs under him like he does when he eats, but there is no food in there for him. Now I just checked on him and he is still moving his pedipalps under him, but now has his back right rear legs kinda curled under him. Is he cleaning all his legs or something?:?

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yup...normal grooming. What cleanly animals!:worship:

They usually groom their legs, abdomen and underside. I find it very interesting.

This is also why I prefer tarantulas over common pets such as dogs...dogs lick their butthole then lick your face. :(

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

They usually groom their legs, abdomen and underside. I find it very interesting.

This is also why I prefer tarantulas over common pets such as dogs...dogs lick their butthole then lick your face. :(
yeah, but their butthole is CLEANER then your face.
That's not an insult. It's a biological fact. ;P

But back to the main point.....that's normal T behavior.

Sometimes I have caught various T's of mine doing this.....except that they have almost all their legs beneath themselves, and look like a dead spider (like in the curled up position).....but then I see they are just cleaning themselves. it's incredible.

I once had my H. lividum sit for almost an hour with one of it's back legs up between it's fangs!!! Looked like it was sucking on its thumb like a little baby! LOL

they do strange things that we have yet to understand.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's not an insult. It's a biological fact. ;P
Haha {D {D

I've never heard that...but even if you are right...I'm really not into that whole cleaning/licking chain of events.:p

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha {D {D

I've never heard that...but even if you are right...I'm really not into that whole cleaning/licking chain of events.:p
LOL, yeah.

The bacteria count in a dog's mouth (having licked itself, of course) is SIGNIFICANTLY less than the number of disgusting bacteria found on humans (especially our disgusting mouths)....

but even though they have waaaay less bacteria....i dont know if out of those few bacteria, how many are bad. hahaha

your poor dog only wants the salts from your skin!!! :D

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

thats a nice thought :eek: :eek: :8o :8o :8o phil

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The bacteria count in a dog's mouth (having licked itself, of course) is SIGNIFICANTLY less than the number of disgusting bacteria found on humans (especially our disgusting mouths)....
be that as it may, i'd still rather not have bacteria from my dog's anus and crotch in my mouth :8o

Last edited:

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's not an insult. It's a biological fact. ;P .
Regardless of any of this, I just think its plain and simply nasty to let a dog lick you in your face. I've seen people who let their dogs lick them in the mouth...Thats highly disgusting lol :embarrassed: :embarrassed: ...But to each his own

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regardless of any of this, I just think its plain and simply nasty to let a dog lick you in your face. I've seen people who let their dogs lick them in the mouth...Thats highly disgusting lol :embarrassed: :embarrassed: ...But to each his own
do my g.f. count I AM ONLY JOKING :8o :8o :8o :8o PHIL