Is my centipede dead or molting?

t00thtak3r

Arachnopeon
Hi so i got a centipede at the reptile expo about three days ago, he’s been fine and everything just hasn’t eaten since i’ve had him (he’s a sonoran desert centipede) i’ll share pics of his enclosure i’ve been misting him regularly and he doesn’t seem to have any micosis but i woke up this morning and he was hiding under his rock not moving. i moved him out from under gently and he still isn’t moving just sitting there upside down. i read a lot and it said he could just be molting but i’m not sure. is there anything i can do to help him?

Attachments

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Probably dead. Check again, but if it's not moving a couple hours later I can't imagine its a good sign. I've never kept this species...but if it's a desert species, why are you misting? Thats also a lot of empty space that could be utilized in that tank

t00thtak3r

Arachnopeon
he’s moved a little since then, and everywhere i’ve done research tells me they need to be misted now and then just to keep the enclosure moist.

t00thtak3r

Arachnopeon
Probably dead. Check again, but if it's not moving a couple hours later I can't imagine its a good sign. I've never kept this species...but if it's a desert species, why are you misting? Thats also a lot of empty space that could be utilized in that tank
i also just got him so i haven’t had the time to fill up his enclosure.