Is my blue death feigning beetles enclosure ok? She won’t eat?

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
Ok so I have a single blue death feigning beetle because she was the last one at the shop. I’m planning on getting at least 2 more soon though. Ok here’s her setup:
- 5.5 gallon tank
-about an inch or so of baked playsand (to get potential bad stuff out) as substrate.
-some rocks,”desert mosses” and bark from this one “dessert kit”
-1 bowl of freshly dead mealworm,a piece of banana and a piece of fresh Swiss chard.
-just in case little dish of water crystals
-a piece of red solo cup to act as a cave

she doesn’t have a heater and it’s about 66 F at night and 70 F during the day right now should I add a hear mat to one side?
she doesn’t explore really I would see her in one spot and a day or even a few days later she’d still be in that spot. But I see her crawl away when I move her moss when she’s under it to make sure she’s ok.
she also hasn’t touched her food in weeks (food still in the same exact spot).

any ideas on how to make her more active or eat more?

Attachments

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Try throwing in a variety of veggies and fruits to see which it prefers. I found that Z morio and T molitor would not eat oranges, lemons, or limes so maybe BDF beetles are similar in that regard.

megansmillipedes

Arachnopeon
Try throwing in a variety of veggies and fruits to see which it prefers. I found that Z morio and T molitor would not eat oranges, lemons, or limes so maybe BDF beetles are similar in that regard.
I’ll try different fruits and veggies! The issue is she just isn’t moving but she’s alive cause whenever I uncover her she crawls away.

dsmExoticsAndInverts

Arachnopeon
Just try a variety of things they can eat a lot of fruits and veggies; carrots work best for me and my plethora of beetle species.