*** Is it way too cold??? ***

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
I've noticed the temp. drop where I keep my slings in. I have 6 little containers sitting in a enclosed terrarium and noticed th temp. Is 60 degrees!! Any suggestions in how to keep them warm? Where is a good place to relocate them? Will they survive the winter if I leave em in there at 60 degrees? Please help... what should I do? I have 2 gbb, b.smithi, g.pulchripes, asain fawn, eu.sp blue.... ty

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep my slings like this

worked great. it kept them at about 75. I used a small reptitherm heat pad on the back of the tank, and kept a cup of water for humidity.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sweet! Great idea!
The light in the pic is flash reflection, there is no bulb in there. i also used two thermometers one at the heat pad and one on the opposite side. This way I could move the cups to where the heat was just right.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have similar "tank in a tank" rig as scoolman that has been doing great for my Ts so far. my slings aren't eating/moulting quite as frequently as when they were when temps were in the 80's, but still are doing pretty good at 75. the only difference in ours is i saran wrap about 90% of the top to retard ventilation and keep humidity high. that can get kind of tricky, balancing letting the enclouses dry out just enough, but not too much. when there is mold (in the case of my milis), it grows crazy fast.

i also reccomend two thermometers, since the ambient temps will be hotter closer to the heat pad. also, i never put them directly up against the hot wall. pretty obvious, but had to be said, just in case :D