Irrigation Misting....

Tank_21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey everyone, I am thinking about creating enclosures for my high humidity T's that feature a misting irrigation system much like you would find at a grocery store's produce isle. Has any one done this? I looked for past threads on this but really didn't find anything. Any other cool "project" solutions that you've done regarding misting?

Thanks!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think Varden is going to be working on setups similar to that. All on a timer and what not. Ask her if she has started at all. I think it's a great idea.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think that would be a cool idea, but jesus, talk about a lot of unnecessary labor and time. i would imagine the electronics and parts would cost probably more than the T's combined haha.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Na I doubt it, it should be cheaper then you thing. All I think you'd need is some tubing from a garden center, an appliance timer, a pump, and a bucket. That’s for a crude system, but even a really nice one should not cost you over 100 bucks. And with people like Varden who have 2000+ Ts it might be worth it.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Na I doubt it, it should be cheaper then you thing. All I think you'd need is some tubing from a garden center, an appliance timer, a pump, and a bucket. That’s for a crude system, but even a really nice one should not cost you over 100 bucks. And with people like Varden who have 2000+ Ts it might be worth it.
touche. well if it's cheap and you got the time, what the hell i suppose.

Tank_21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can't think of anything that could go seriously wrong. I will take note to all peeps on this thread and shoot you pics and specs when they're done. Don't expect anything real soon though. I have to do my normal obsession on the research to make sure that it is perfect. Thanks for the input and support hope to talk to you sooner than later.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
walmart sells persponal misters a bottle with a hose and mist nozzle that has a pump to pressureize it i was thinking of using one of thoes and modify it to do several tanks then give it a few pumps a day or so

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Thats what I use...

You use a simple garden hose timer into a small tubing, then out to the nozzles. Very simple.

I got my setup from B.A.R.R.S. ...when on the page look for misting system. They have diagrams online as well.

Link to B.A.R.R.S. misting system kit.
http://www.barrs.com/mistpric.htm

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats what I use...

You use a simple garden hose timer into a small tubing, then out to the nozzles. Very simple.

I got my setup from B.A.R.R.S. ...when on the page look for misting system. They have diagrams online as well.

Link to B.A.R.R.S. misting system kit.
http://www.barrs.com/mistpric.htm
Oh someone that has used it even better. So how do you like it? Is it worth setting up one? I have 50 or so pokies that would love it I am sure I just dont know if its worth it.
Right now I just have one of those big weed killer sprayer deals and I have boiled water in that, I use that to do all my misting and watering right now.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
From the Garden hose I go into the Timer. Thyen a garden hose comes out of that and into a Tubing adaptor. The Adpator turns the hose into the tubing size. Attach the tubing and go as far as you'd like to go till you get to the first nozzle location. Cut the tubing there and put a "T" connector there. Hand a 1" long peice of tubing down form the "T" connector and attch the mister nozzle. Then from there go onto the next one.

I weave my lines through my metal rack's shelves and place the nozzle right above the cage needed for the misting. I only set the timer to go on 1 minute twice a day. This provides good enough humidity and time to dry.

Now onto the other aspect of the system. Molting dangers.... Since the mist is so fine...it has not bothered my T's during molting. So so far so good!

I am buying more nozzle soon when I get my room done. They will be scattered around my room as well as zbove the racks.

For those that spray using hand sprayers and other pumps type stuff..this system will allow you to only have one nozzle. This will allow you to walk around with one nozzle/tubing in your hand and mist what you want without having something installed permanently.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there are prefab stups availible out there . i think exo terra has one called a habi-mister . comes complete and is easy to install .

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I would but my room in the house here has wooden floors and could not mist up there. That isa why I am doing the garage. When I get all the plumbing for the misting done...I'll do pics.

I put in 9 hours of work today in that room. All that is left is the ceiling.

Post some pics! I want to see this so I can get an idea on what to mimic.