invert dealers

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
okay. im not going to name any names . but ive bought 9 ts from a certain dealer , 1 died the other 7 turned out to be male , the last one is female .

okay this 'other' dealer i have bought well over 30 ts from and i got around 20 to 25 females , good ratio or good luck of the draw or does or has this happened to anyone else? i kinda feel like i was kinda 'screwed' i mean like almost 90% males from one dealer! come on! something smells kinda fishy . i think.

what are your thoughts ? is this post kinda wrong ?im not dropping any names nor will i condone doing so.please pm and not publicly name the dealer you had or have this problem with.

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
I'd say that unless you paid for them as "females" there's not a whole lot that can be done. You weren't deceived, you weren't lied to, etc. And the fact that 25/30 of your previous T's turned out to females just sounds like the odds just finally caught up to you. {D

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big where they when you got them? It is of course possible he knew they were male, but if you didn't pay for females specifically, you weren't decieved. It sucks, sure, but really there is no way to know if the seller did it intentionally.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, i feel stupid cause i didnt say that i bought them as unsexed , which they were bought and were supposed to be unsexed, i just wondered if anyone has had this kinda luck, im really not wanting to bash anyone

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
fishy????

Well, right off I would tend to agree BUT I have been told out of each sack of eggs w/legs/slings etc,UNSEXED. 1 in 4 will be female....so dealers will be selling more males than females having said that the slings I have bought online were all males now, I purchased 6 aphonopelma sp."payson" here in the Phoenix,az area and out of the six one died from DKS,one female and it looks like I have four males but they are still slings soooo it's hard to tell right now but that's what it looks like to me.....I think you are correct.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the smallest sling was .5", it was the female, a cheap species the others were all 1.5" or bigger though, mostly freshly molted ts too

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was told that when they import ts from germany, they go through all slings and sex and remove most of the females and were like getting the old hand me downs , so to speak , but thats all hersay and could be 'bs' so to speak

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
fishy??

i was told that when they import ts from germany, they go through all slings and sex and remove most of the females and were like getting the old hand me downs , so to speak , but thats all hersay and could be 'bs' so to speak
I believe most dealers have a very good eye when it comes to sexing slings even slings .5 or smaller??? maybe! So you pay say $30 for a sling and $28/30 shipping and you get males....no surprise here if you ask me......it's always better if you can pick the slings in person which is rare these days.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah , ineed to get my cherry popped and go to an expo, they have them in st. l. its not far from me , but im always broke, i think im going to save my taxes for next year and either try to import some slings and start my own little shop, or buy more breeding pairs of pokies and more cool cages , or get some ball python morphs either or im going to exspand my collection big time!

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i wouldn't necessarily say it's bad luck...think of all the 50/50's you can do with them and all the slings that would result.. then you could pick your own slings to keep and maybe have a better chance at scoring a fem.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive made some bad posts , i really thought this would be one that id regret but , im starting to think it was a good one , thanks for your comments so far

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I have often wondered if in fact,when a dealer refers T's as unsexed if they honestly are unsexed ,or are they just males that said dealer would would like to sell for more than they are worth knowing full well they are deceiving the client.I think it's probably far more common than any of us realize.Someone will probably say "this notion is ridiculous don't be so paranoid" ,but really we're talking about people here.When it comes to money people can't be trusted!I generally give the dealer the benefit of doubt but 90% male come on,something aint right here!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have often wondered if in fact,when a dealer refers T's as unsexed if they honestly are unsexed ,or are they just males that said dealer would would like to sell for more than they are worth knowing full well they are deceiving the client.I think it's probably far more common than any of us realize.Someone will probably say "this notion is ridiculous don't be so paranoid" ,but really we're talking about people here.When it comes to money people can't be trusted!I generally give the dealer the benefit of doubt but 90% male come on,something aint right here!
Many times when a dealer or even average joe schmo says "unsexed" they mean it. if its a 5" unsexed than i would be a bit hesitant to get it, but a lot of times dealers specifically dont have time to go through and sex things. and other times a person gets a collection to try and resell and they go by what the person told them it was. i myself try to never look becuz then im making it fair to everyone that purchases. ive got a pretty decent eye and have been able to sex things at like 1.5-2" but its more of an educated guess than anything. Id say there are probably a handful at best that will actually sex something and KNOW its a male and sell it as otherwise. but you are right we are human and its in our nature to look out for ourselves before others. I started enforcing and following a pretty strict rule with my T sales at the store i work at, its "Sold as Unsexed until after purchase" which basically means if you buy something from me you have to pay for it before ill even take a look at its underside. even then its a ventral sexing so its not a 100% promise. it makes it fair becuz if i sold ONLY the females to people then i would have a shelf full of males.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
me

I can only speak for myself but all my T's that are unsexed truely are. Now I have seen some odds go one way and some odds go another but I know that I personally can say my stuff is unsexed and there are a couple other dealers that I feel are very honest in this respect also. Now that being said you could also look at past and see people that are selling one type of sling as unsexed then later on have a bunch of females of the same animal.....

Now that does not mean they were not decieved in some way either. I try to buy whole clutches or from people I trust but at the same time I don't buy slings and sex them so who am I to say that a few certain types are not sexed out....well I know that my Euroupe dealer has sent me P metallica females and Smithi females in the past so I trust he is not sexing stuff out. I don't know this cause I sexed them out but that my buyers informed me of that.

Anyways I hope you were not juped and that it was just bad luck.

Also this was an arguement I had before too...I had people complain that "so and so" will sex me a female out why won't you? Well thats not fair to others!

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Also agree with that last post....I have 10,000+ T's good luck sexing them all I just barely keep up with what I have ;)

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ive made some bad posts , i really thought this would be one that id regret but , im starting to think it was a good one , thanks for your comments so far
I also don't think this is a bad post just an observation ....i just really hope those 30 T's did not come from me :wall:

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you have ever prepared an exuvium for viewing under a microscope I think you might lose a bit of your skepticism. Also, prior two inches ventral sexing is really just an informed guess. I have examined and attempted to sex all of my Ts through ventral and exuvium examination, I only have 11. It is a time consuming process. I can assure with a sac of 200+ spiderlings I would not have the time to even attempt to identify and separate them by gender. Maybe some others out there might be able to, but I doubt there are many.
I would say your current track record has been in your favor, and the numbers just caught up with you. It is all a matter of probability.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also don't think this is a bad post just an observation ....i just really hope those 30 T's did not come from me :wall:
i wont drop names but i save my invioces from that dealer, its not 30 either its 42 ,and counting lol