Invert Care cheaper than other

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have kept both reptiles and inverts and know the costs that go along with them. Just for the heck of it, i checked out whats all involved in setting up a fish tank, mostly saltwater and I am glad to say that our hobby(inverts) is loads cheaper and IMO more interesting.

To me, unless you have an enormous tank, watching fish swim back and forth is kinda boring, even if you have cool things like eels, crabs and other aquatic inverts. But T.'s and Scorps burrow, make huge intricate webs and really amaze you at what they can do. And they do this relatively cheaply. Housing a T. is quite cheap if you avoid retail. A proper setup for the biggest T. needs only a 10 gallon tank with some substrate, a hide or two, some branches if arboreal, and a water dish.

Not to mention alot of really beautiful species can be bought for less than 50 bux(try doing that in the reptile world). All in all, a truly great and rewarding hobby that doesn;t break the bank(unless you get addicted like me and keep buying more and more lol)

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i really dont think any other pet can compare when you consider cost. careing for them is nothing compared to most pets. i never could get to much into the fish thing. way to much trouble for me.
i think i'll stick to t's from now on. i enjoy them alot more than anything ive kept with the exception of cats that is.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have reptiles and inverts now, and this couldn't be more true. Of course, I also have the fish... but one good thing about them being "boring" is the 30g next to my side of our bed....... puts me right to sleep after a long day. ;)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I don't know, my inverts have cost me thousands over the years. I've developed some sort of obsession with tupperware containers.:p

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
AND, most inverts dont need to be fed everyday, that saves a bundle alone!