Invert Aquariums - Anyone have one?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Marine or freshwater? Anyone have all invert setups? I'm curious to see a nice one but keep finding information only.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I used to keep many aquatic inverts. Both fresh and marine. I have kept everything from octopi, nautilus, many different shrimps, crabs corals ect. zi was lucky enough to actually breed the blue ring octopus.

I have bred some really nice tropical freshwater crawfish. I actually love inverts more then fish.

Tom

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
how did you go with breeding the octopus? ever kept jellies?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
had both aswell,freshwater aquatic insects,leeches,crayfish, now i have only saltwater,crabs,shrimps,lobster,serpent,brittle stars,predatory snails,veggie eating snails,tons of bristle worms:eek: i also had octopus in the past. all are very fun to keep:clap:

hermitman64

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep blue crayfish - amazing, responsive little guys. I love watching them eat. He practically begs for food when I'm near the tank. As I'm typing this, there is a crayfish on my shelf peering out from his cave at me :D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep blue crayfish - amazing, responsive little guys. I love watching them eat. He practically begs for food when I'm near the tank. As I'm typing this, there is a crayfish on my shelf peering out from his cave at me :D
yeah, crayfish are awesome i had them aswell,i had a blue/white freshwater "lobster" if that's what it was, it was awesome,it too would beg for food,could'nt keep anything with it too aggresive it was big too,i think it was a cherax sp.

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I used to keep many aquatic inverts. Both fresh and marine. I have kept everything from octopi, nautilus, many different shrimps, crabs corals ect. zi was lucky enough to actually breed the blue ring octopus.

I have bred some really nice tropical freshwater crawfish. I actually love inverts more then fish.

Tom
Blue Ring? Those are nasty little things. I would love to have one if I was ever to start a salt water set-up but since the time and cost that go with one are prohibitive for me I guess that it is one dream that will not be realized. That and since i have kids in the house I would not want something like that where they might get too close to it.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a marine invert tank for a few years. Crabs, shrimp, seahorses (don't recommend) and the like, but I never took pictures. I used sand on the bottom and beautiful pieces of coral skeleten. You can find natural coral in white, medium blue and deep red and really do something nice, that's what I used. It was really pretty.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Iguanamama: Where you one of those crazy dwarf seahorse people?

I've been considering dedicating a 10 gallon to the Abedus herberti I have right now. Add them, add a few fish like mosquitofish/guppies similar and have a little river going. I'm pretty sure that with the predator avoidance behavior practiced by some of these fish things would be pretty interesting. I'd bet if I fed them the fish population would not drop drastically.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, I went ahead and put the Abedus into the 10 gallon. It was being saved for some fish...but it will be a few months at least until I can get them. Might as well use the tank in the meantime.