Intermediate tarantula species to increase your experience level

Lobstersign

Arachnopeon
My P.sazimai is completely fossilorial, I see my Ornithoctonus aureotibialis out more then my P. sazimai. My P. sazimai is a complete sweet heart though. I recently rehoused him and he didn't even threat pose me or flick hairs. The only time I have ever seen him threat pose was once when I gave him a super worm he thought was scary.

Nods0103

Arachnopeon
My P.sazimai is completely fossilorial, I see my Ornithoctonus aureotibialis out more then my P. sazimai. My P. sazimai is a complete sweet heart though. I recently rehoused him and he didn't even threat pose me or flick hairs. The only time I have ever seen him threat pose was once when I gave him a super worm he thought was scary.
Thanks for the input, it really does seem like the p. Sazimai can have personalities that differ like night and day between specimens.

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
I am looking to get a new sling in a couple of days time, I have been in the hobby for about a year now and currently have a G. Pulchripes adult female, an L. Klugi juvie and a fairly spicy T. albopilosus adult female. I want to find something that requires a bit more skill to keep than my current "beginner" species as I want to work my way up to an H. machalata in the future.

From what I've read on other threads I have seen P. irminia being suggested quite a few times and it is currently my main option. I have also seen E. murinus being suggested and it is a species that I really want in the future, however they seem to be a bit more difficult to come by where I'm currently living.

Any suggestions or opinions will be helpful :)
Aphonopelma semani is an intermediate level, they aren't given much credit because their not colorful or extra furry, but mine doesnt try to bite or kick hairs. Their intermediate because they can bolt and jump

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Psalmopeus are one of my favorite genera to keep..they grow quite fast and can move fast. Dolichothele diamantinensis are fun and fiesty but a little less crazy than psalmos or tappies. Nhandus are cool too, I only have a chromatus and rarely see it but it has some attitude. Pamphobeteus and xenesthis have similar temperament to lasiodoras in my opinion.

Could you keep am M balfouri where you live? IMO, they're another relatively manageable old world.

Nods0103

Arachnopeon
Psalmopeus are one of my favorite genera to keep..they grow quite fast and can move fast. Dolichothele diamantinensis are fun and fiesty but a little less crazy than psalmos or tappies. Nhandus are cool too, I only have a chromatus and rarely see it but it has some attitude. Pamphobeteus and xenesthis have similar temperament to lasiodoras in my opinion.

Could you keep am M balfouri where you live? IMO, they're another relatively manageable old world.
Yeah I can keep M. Balfouri here and they are on my list, it would just take time to get one as I'll have to get one through my dealer. I might get that next.