Interesting...

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Just something interesting: I was watching one of my 2nd intar T. bastosi and I had just misted. He had been drinking from a water droplet on the side of the container. He was just sitting there on the substrate when I noticed him stretching his "tail" over his body, like he was stinging. It looked like he was just drinking some more water that he had somehow gotton on his "tail", but then I thought about it and it is possible he could have been grooming. Before I have, of course, seen him use his chelae to "clean" his chelicerae, but never his tail. Do you think he was drinking or grooming?

Just thought it was neat. They seem to be doing well, by the way.:);)

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It was using it's tail for grooming. I notice my B jacksonis do the same thing after I mist. They use the tail to get those hard to reach places. They use their mouth to clean their tail that they are grooming with.

It was probably drinking too, but just from the droplets on the side of the enclosure.

Chrome69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea, I see my hottentotta doing that when I first turn the heat bulb on in the morning or after i water their corner, have a pic somewhere of it, cant seem to find it atm.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
grooming. i see my emps doing this all the time :) pretty neat no? scorps are so cool :D