Insects you really don't like?

Twichlove

Arachnopeon
Don't want any ants in my crack kthx
kek, if i had to pick a second it'd be the Rice Moth, Corcyra cephalonica.
Those things were such a nuisance back when i was younger, they'd fly out of rice bags in swarms and flutter around my house for an uncomfortably long time.
(Ps: fleas suck too)

Ilich

Arachnosquire
kek, if i had to pick a second it'd be the Rice Moth, Corcyra cephalonica.
Those things were such a nuisance back when i was younger, they'd fly out of rice bags in swarms and flutter around my house for an uncomfortably long time.
(Ps: fleas suck too)
Did you just "kek" me? Booiiiiiiiiiiiiii
idfk what a rice moth is but I dislike moths, they annoy the piss out of me. I'll be standing outside at night trying to have a cigarette and they'll just be flying into me and my door constantly, head-first. It's just like, why, why are you doing that, what makes you think you can pass through matter? What makes you think that isn't a solid mass? The first or second or third time you smacked your head into my door did it budge?

PangolinPrince

Arachnopeon
Obligatory response of ticks and mosquitoes. I've already gotten three mosquito bites in the past few days and it can be said that I don't go outside too often.
I also am not a fan of most ants, but the ones that really get on my nerves are the red biting ones.

Additionally, centipedes freak me out a little bit. They're really darn awesome and I can appreciate them, but fast bugs that can bite as well do make me somewhat nervous.
As far as stinging bugs go, wasps and the like do make me a little nervous, but my general approach is to be calm and stay still on the belief that they'll just leave me alone.

Ilich

Arachnosquire
Obligatory response of ticks and mosquitoes. I've already gotten three mosquito bites in the past few days and it can be said that I don't go outside too often.
I also am not a fan of most ants, but the ones that really get on my nerves are the red biting ones.

Additionally, centipedes freak me out a little bit. They're really darn awesome and I can appreciate them, but fast bugs that can bite as well do make me somewhat nervous.
As far as stinging bugs go, wasps and the like do make me a little nervous, but my general approach is to be calm and stay still on the belief that they'll just leave me alone.
Do you mean fire ants when you say "red biting ones"? I've had many wasps come at me for no reason while minding my own business, they're awful.

PangolinPrince

Arachnopeon
Do you mean fire ants when you say "red biting ones"? I've had many wasps come at me for no reason while minding my own business, they're awful.
Not entirely sure, I just have memories of being a little kid on vacation in the Southeastern US and getting my toes all bitten by little red ants. They were very annoying but I haven't had any experience like that with them since.

Ilich

Arachnosquire
Not entirely sure, I just have memories of being a little kid on vacation in the Southeastern US and getting my toes all bitten by little red ants. They were very annoying but I haven't had any experience like that with them since.
Yeah mate, they're called fire ants, I wasn't asking you what they were, I was clarifying what you meant.

ZHESSWA

Arachnopeon
For me, it's ladybugs/Japanese beetles. They have the most repulsive smells ever, comparable to chlorine with a bit of rotten egg! Also, they bite and on top of it have that hard outer shell making a crunch if one is squished. All around my least favorite insect no doubt.

Ilich

Arachnosquire
For me, it's ladybugs/Japanese beetles. They have the most repulsive smells ever, comparable to chlorine with a bit of rotten egg! Also, they bite and on top of it have that hard outer shell making a crunch if one is squished. All around my least favorite insect no doubt.
I thought those were the european ladybugs?

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There isn't any arthropod I don't love. I wouldn't want to get lice or scabies or fleas and I'm afraid of ticks, but I still love all of them, the way people might love tigers and killer whales but not want to be eaten by them.

My dream pet would be a giant flea, I think they're the coolest looking insect on the planet.

Ilich

Arachnosquire
There isn't any arthropod I don't love. I wouldn't want to get lice or scabies or fleas and I'm afraid of ticks, but I still love all of them, the way people might love tigers and killer whales but not want to be eaten by them.

My dream pet would be a giant flea, I think they're the coolest looking insect on the planet.
I can't say I entirely understand why you would love these things, but I sort of get it.

They have giant ones? Oof'ed

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
I can't say I entirely understand why you would love these things, but I sort of get it.

No, giant fleas sadly aren't a thing that actually exists. Closest thing is the mountain beaver flea, which grows to a half an inch.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Yeesh, I bet that can be a pretty gnarly bite. Where are those indigenous to?
The pacific northwest of the US, same as the range of its host, the mountain beaver. (Which isn't a beaver at all, but a large primitive rodent that represents the only living member of its family.)

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Yeah I mean I'd want a fantastical cat-size flea if I could have anything imaginable.

I just think every kind of parasite is amazing. They live such an otherworldly lifestyle; there's something magical to me about a creature that inhabits another creature, something adapted to live in a world that's also alive. If there's a parasitic version of something, I always think it's the cooler creature.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Pediculus Horribilis Maximus. Major outbreak across S. E. Asia + constant contact with low hygiene people + Being a rather furry beast + psychological loathing-fear of something crawling on me I can't see + Lady Macbeth syndrome = I'm growing web feet and gills.

MantisGirl

Arachnosquire
I don't know if this counts, but I HATE dead spiders. We get spiders trapped in the bath quite often, and I'm perfectly happy to pick them up and move them to a safer place (usually under my parents bed because no one ever moves the boxes under there :angelic:) but even seeing a dead spider makes me shiver, let alone touching it.
I think it's the way their legs go all curled up.

Sillver

Arachnosquire
I hate roaches. Manly because they like to come flying at me. I was sitting down at the front of my house and I saw a roach climbing up the wall on the house opposite side of the street and it just stoped for abou 5 seconds then decided it was a good idea to try crashing into my face almost in my mouth. thank God it was close though.

PS this was when I lived in the Azores and the street is only wide enough two barely fit two cars

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The pacific northwest of the US, same as the range of its host, the mountain beaver. (Which isn't a beaver at all, but a large primitive rodent that represents the only living member of its family.)
Mountain beaver? I had to google that one. Thought you were pulling a late April fools joke. Cute little critter if I do say so. Not sure if I would agree on the 1/2 inch flea though.

SpooderLady008

Arachnopeon
Mosquitos. For multiple reasons.

1) They suck blood. Gross.
2) The bites itch. Not fun.
3) When I itch, I break skin, then I pick the broken skin causing sores, then I pick at the sores (bad habbit, maybe undiagnosed SPD), causing scars. I've lost count of how many scars I have because of mosquitos.
4) They can have diseases. No thanks.
5) They love me. I'm a magnet.