Inquiry: Micheal Jacobi Video

mistercurls

Arachnopeon
I just realized the video finally came out, like I said Ive been away for a while. But I wanted to know if anyone that pre ordered a copy received it?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I ordered the magazine and the DVD at the same time just for giggles, and I got the magazine two days later, but the DVD has not arrived. So I guess ill just wait some more. I know he went on a vacation. So maybe he's just behind. :confused:

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry I overlooked the fact that you were asking about preorders. But you can buy a copy there so I gave the link if you hadn't found it already. Also, how is the magazine talken?

Also I think it is November that he will be gone on a field study or something.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the dvd is ready and i belive MJ said he needed people to email him with their info so he could send it lol...i got mines but be warned it doesnt play in my DVD player or my comp lol..it does read on my Xbox but i dont have the dvd function on it, soo i have yet to watch it:wall: ....

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I recieved my DVD about a year after I Payed for it. As Sick4X4 has mentioned , It dosent play in my DVD player, or my computer. I dont own XBOX.

Micheal Jacobi told me at this years A-con that a replacement disc would be sent out. I emailed him on 8/29 about it but, never heard back from him. I check the web site reg. to see if theres updates about it, but it still says nothing about the replacment disc.

Too bad I was looking foward to disc 2. In fact Im still looking foward to disc 1.

Good Luck, Tom

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dont want to speculate but i think they are automatically sending out the replacement discs, as there was a note in mine to please let them know if it does work so they wont have to send out a replacement disk???? i need a xbox remote to play dvds on it...:wall:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it doesnt work, with the 2 mentioned programs:wall: i even got the xbox remote and it doesnt play past the opening startup menu....though i did email micheal...sooo lets hope something better comes from this...maybe if someone has one that does work, they can post it on youtube....

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just realized the video finally came out, like I said Ive been away for a while. But I wanted to know if anyone that pre ordered a copy received it?
yes i have

i havent tried mine in the DVD player but it did work fine om my pc . Michael did tell me it wouldnt work in a regular DVD player and he would send me a replacement when he got the new ones in... however i havent even tried it yet

mistercurls

Arachnopeon
Well I need to email micheal and let him know I never recieved it. Can someone pm me his email.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I got mine quite a while ago, I assume it was from the first batch. It worked fine on my DVD player. I have an LG DVD player. I'm still waiting for the latest issue of Arachnoculture that has been out for a long time though.

Have any of you actually been getting email responses from Michael about these issues? Before I even bother trying to email him I'd like to know if he is responding.

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I preordered mine back on Jul. 10, 2006 . And still have not got mine yet. I have sent emails but still have not got any response so I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens .....really do want to check it out

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I got mine quite a while ago, I assume it was from the first batch. It worked fine on my DVD player. I have an LG DVD player. I'm still waiting for the latest issue of Arachnoculture that has been out for a long time though.

Have any of you actually been getting email responses from Michael about these issues? Before I even bother trying to email him I'd like to know if he is responding.

yes he is, in fact he lost my order when he moved and when i emailed him to ask about it he sent it right out.

reptist

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What about arachnoulture, I recieved my 1 year subscription a year and a half ago and have only recieved 2 issues, his site says that 2.2 is shipping but that was before a-con and I havent received anything as of yet, I see he has posted in the for sale section just today, sorry to hear the dvd's arent working, Bryant Capiz put out a video before he passed (if you are lucky enough to locate one) that was pretty good, RIP man, wish there were more like him in the hobby today, anyway Michael if you end up reading this, if I can help out w/ the mag to try and get it out a little bit more regularly just LMK, I'm not a rich man by far but this country realy needs to promote the hobby in a more consistant manner IMO, cudos to the ATS and its ability to keep the forum up to date and even have the enrergy to make some much needed improvements, and it goes without saying that the BTS has more than pulled their weight in the promotion dept. they are almost if not as popular here in the USA as the ATS , well, hope things start running a bit smoother for you soon and LMK if you need anything, I'll do my best to help, PEACE, B.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I ordered my Arachnoculture magazine last October, I just got my first 2 issues a year later. This is only after sending him an email, waiting a month, and then seeing him in person at a show recently and asking where my mags were.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Well I emailed him several days ago and got no reply. I am unimpressed with the level of customer service offered by Arachnoculture and Michael Jacobi. I just want to get what I have paid for, which is the latest issue of Arachnoculture plus the next issue which he offered to me because of a mistake he made. I have been very patient but it is wearing thin.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yes i have

i havent tried mine in the DVD player but it did work fine om my pc . Michael did tell me it wouldnt work in a regular DVD player and he would send me a replacement when he got the new ones in... however i havent even tried it yet
I still haven't received a replacement , so i still cant watch it on the TV via dvd player.
Its not a very good DVD anyway FYI. I was pretty disappointed with the quality of production. I had expected the replacement to be better, but it looks like this is it. I was looking forward to the next video too
SO sad actually. Michael IMO was tops in the hobby. Not sure whats up now I have given up on getting a replacement. If the DVD production quality isn't any better than the first one, I don't care if i ever get it.

Last edited: