Injured Hadrurus arizonensis, please help!

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just fed my Hadrurus arizonensis today, and he ate a large cricket and was attemption to eat a second one, and as I observed him more closely he appeared to be having trouble. He was rubbing his Chelicerae together and upon further inspection I noticed that one of them appears to be damaged. He is missing part of one of them and is unable to use it for chewing his food! Do you think he will be okay, or do I need to do anything to help? Is there anything I can do? He seems to be more concerned with this problem than chewing the cricket he is currently holding. What should I do?

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope, he's been in the tank on his own for about 7-8 years. He has never lived with another Scorp since I got him and his only company has been crickets :).

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
maybe it just seems like it's missing them. I don't think crix can do that much harm unless you had them in there while freshly molted. Maybe he's been like that since you got him. In my opinion as a profesional scorpion doctor:liar: :liar: ....he'll be all right. No seriously I think he'll be okay keep an eye on him and see how he eats.

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He seems to be getting his cricket down, more slowly than usual but since I posted (he had just started eating his cricket) he has gotten a little bit of it down. I think he will be able to eat, he just looks like he might be in a little bit of pain because he was messing with it a lot, like he was trying to wipe a bit of sand off of it. I just hope it's not a life threatening injury, this one has been with me a long time and it would be a shame to see him go =[.