C.faciatum-Tiger rump
C.cyaneopubescens-Green Bottle Blue
A.geniculata-Giant Whiteknee
Thanks,

James

TypeO-

Arachnopeon
James,

take a look over on petbugs.com they've got some good info on the gbb and the whiteknee

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you might want to try bighairyspiders.com
they've got some pretty good caresheets and opinions about many different species of t's.

Risto

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is the info you asked for about these three spiders:

GET ALL 3 SPECIES!

I have all three species.

The geniculata that I have, I got as a s'ling and have raised to adult. It is a beautiful spiders that shows some burrowing activity as a s'ling but stops early. Mine likes to climb its walls a decent amount, so I have filled the tank w/ peat/vermiculite so that the t can only climb one legspans worth. It is the most voracious eater that I have. If it is real hungry, I can put a dozen crickets in there and it will run after them until all 12 crix are in a ball on its fangs. Many times, I have put 2 dozen crix in there and all will be gone in a the next day. It has eaten pinkies/fuzzys a handful of times. Great spider. Gets big.

The C. fasciatum and the C. cyanopubescens I have are both s'lings. Both of them look quite similar as s'lings, but the fasciatum will keep its baby markings, the cyanopubescens will obviously change to blue, green, and orange. The cyanopubescens eats like a pig. It has no problem devouring crickets larger than itself (prekilled). Even though you read this right now, I'm sure your jaw will drop the first time you feed one -- especially if the prey is smaller -- will be gone before it hits the substrate in the vial! Both spiders are quite the webbers, but the cyanopubescens webs more. You shouldn't have too much trouble seeing either species on a regular basis. The fasciatum should be smaller than a cyanopubescens. It doesn't eat as much. Both are on the slightly skittish side, but not really aggressive. My fasciatum has tried to kick hairs more often than my cyanopubescens. Oh yeah, and I still cant get over the beauty of the fasciatums carapace, it is like a shiny penny.

You really should get all three species.

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh. I just saw your other post about the cyanopubescens that you already have. And judging by the size of the abdomen, you already know what kind of eater it is.

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey BD

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Oh. I just saw your other post about the cyanopubescens that you already have. And judging by the size of the abdomen, you already know what kind of eater it is.

Jon
I already have all 3 of them!;P

James

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Here is the info you asked for about these three spiders:

GET ALL 3 SPECIES!

I have all three species.

The geniculata that I have, I got as a s'ling and have raised to adult. It is a beautiful spiders that shows some burrowing activity as a s'ling but stops early. Mine likes to climb its walls a decent amount, so I have filled the tank w/ peat/vermiculite so that the t can only climb one legspans worth. It is the most voracious eater that I have. If it is real hungry, I can put a dozen crickets in there and it will run after them until all 12 crix are in a ball on its fangs. Many times, I have put 2 dozen crix in there and all will be gone in a the next day. It has eaten pinkies/fuzzys a handful of times. Great spider. Gets big.

The C. fasciatum and the C. cyanopubescens I have are both s'lings. Both of them look quite similar as s'lings, but the fasciatum will keep its baby markings, the cyanopubescens will obviously change to blue, green, and orange. The cyanopubescens eats like a pig. It has no problem devouring crickets larger than itself (prekilled). Even though you read this right now, I'm sure your jaw will drop the first time you feed one -- especially if the prey is smaller -- will be gone before it hits the substrate in the vial! Both spiders are quite the webbers, but the cyanopubescens webs more. You shouldn't have too much trouble seeing either species on a regular basis. The fasciatum should be smaller than a cyanopubescens. It doesn't eat as much. Both are on the slightly skittish side, but not really aggressive. My fasciatum has tried to kick hairs more often than my cyanopubescens. Oh yeah, and I still cant get over the beauty of the fasciatums carapace, it is like a shiny penny.

You really should get all three species.

Jon
THanks very much for the info Jon! My 3 are all slings!

James