Info Avicularia SP Colombia metallic PinkToe

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
No, that's just the camera angle, positioning and lighting making it look darker than it is.
Agreed... lighting makes a huge difference... even the B. lats looked black, when blocked from lighting. It's probably as advertised, pet trade Avicularia metallica.

codicez

Arachnosquire
So to understanding, I have done some reasearch also thru this forum.

Avicularia Geroldi is a morphotype type 6 of the Species Avicularia of the Genus Avicularia.

This metallica instead is a different morphotype of the species Metallica of the Genus Avicularia.

Both of them can have different coloration and both present the pink/salmon toe.

The Avicularia Purpurea is a a species purpurea of the genus avicularia and can be found in 2 coloration, blue or silver ( As I have ) and all of them doesn't present the pink/salmon toe characteristic.

So the "Metallic Silver pink/toe " that I gave in the title of this post of mine Avicularia Purpurea SP Colombia is not correct cuz pink toe is Avicularia characteristic that doesn't show in all the species and Metallic silver is just a colour, sorry but there was this description from where I took it.

Ok so which Avicularia you guys prefer or reccomend ? Which are the mainly difference between a versicolor , braunshauseni, geroldi or metallica ... Is just a slightly differnce in the color or as well in the amount of web that they make or behaviour ( some are more skittish than other )

I'm planning to get another one so I would like to understand better the difference =D

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Avicularia Geroldi is a morphotype type 6 of the Species Avicularia of the Genus Avicularia.

This metallica instead is a different morphotype of the species Metallica of the Genus Avicularia.
No, Avicularia metallica is morphotype #6 of Avicularia avicularia.
Avicularia geroldi is another morphotype of Avicularia avicularia (I don't know which number though).

They are both morphotypes of the same species.

The Avicularia Purpurea is a a species purpurea of the genus avicularia and can be found in 2 coloration, blue or silver ( As I have ) and all of them doesn't present the pink/salmon toe characteristic.

So the "Metallic Silver pink/toe " that I gave in the title of this post of mine Avicularia Purpurea SP Colombia is not correct cuz pink toe is Avicularia characteristic that doesn't show in all the species and Metallic silver is just a colour, sorry but there was this description from where I took it.
Avicularia sp. 'Colombia' is, to my understanding, a morphotype of Avicularia purpurea.

"Pink toe" is used to describe any species from Avicularia/Caribena/Antillena/Ybyrapora regardless of whether or not it actually has pink toes, this is why common names suck.