Indonesian beauty, or Lampropelma nigerrimum demystified

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Just got this girl. She is something very different from what I've had before - serious, not skittish, but conveys "I'll kill you if you come close" :) Enjoy!

And here's her new home

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Vitaliy,

I hear you with them being serious and not skittish. The 2 slings I got from you do the same thing. They are always on the defense and they will absolutely come straight for you when mad. They dont seem to care how big the object in front of them are. Great T's though.

Chris

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice addition. One of my favorite sp. by far. Reminds me a lot of how my girl acts. :)

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think that's paper towel from shipping pato...:D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Vitaliy, Now she's the s......! ;)- You know what I'm saying!! {D

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Thank you all guys for your comments!

Nice addition. One of my favorite sp. by far. Reminds me a lot of how my girl acts. :)
Hey Ryan, I've seen your girl, she's gorgeous! How big is she now? I would love to see how she looks like now :) Post a pic here.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful pictures, guys. i never realized that the females were so gorgeous :drool:

jason, please stop making me want tarantulas i can't afford!

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
Jason, thanks for the pictures, she's stunning! How big is she? Mine is about 4 inches leg span.

PS Sorry for the name confusion :)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jason, thanks for the pictures, she's stunning! How big is she? Mine is about 4 inches leg span.

PS Sorry for the name confusion :)
Umm, she's a little over 4" if I'm not mistaken. She hasn't molted since those pics but as soon as she does I'll post some new ones.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Indeed...last time I wanted to stop, I ended up with 3 more P. metallica, 2 L. nigerrimum, 2 L. borneo black and 1 Poec. lowland lol :eek:

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
Very beautiful, I hope to own one of these one day, along with all the other Lampropelma species, I only have a L. violaceopes so far

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
TarantulaHomes I have got to ask is that some kind of radiant heat device on top of the enclosure.I could be wrong but if it is I'm curious what it consists of? Beautiful T by the way.

TarantulaHomes

Arachnosquire
That's actually both cooling and heating system :) Copper tubing and a PC fan on top. It's connected to a water pump which will be submerged in warm or ice water.

TarantulaHomes I have got to ask is that some kind of radiant heat device on top of the enclosure.I could be wrong but if it is I'm curious what it consists of? Beautiful T by the way.