Indian violet question

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what is the full growth size of a mature female indian violet(chilobrachys fimbriatus)? thanks this will answer another question on my mind, thanks--Jeff

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

any of you guys know what i'm talking about? ever see andult c. fimbriatus or what? the reason is because i see invertepet has a 3.5" c. fimbriatus thats Gravid? and i was wondering if this was even possible? not to say anything against bill but i thought that this species got much bigger(6-7") and would'nt that make it an immature female? and would the sac be viable, if so i think i want to buy if he still has it in a week, thanks i'm looking for answers--Jeff

Last edited:

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
As I told you via pm, C. fimbriatus is a rather small species. Adults are indeed around 4".

bill

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

thanks bill just read your PM, thats weird that their small but kinda cool, shows what i know here i am thinking that they get like 6-7" lol--Jeff

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Interesting. Minax has them listed as 6" adults. Do males have tibial spurs? If they do, I really need to check my fimbriatus for spurs. Also, how big are males? I thought my T was still in the juvenile phase but now that appears to be incorrect.

Karen N.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
jeff

Bill and Martin are right yes 4". indian violets are a small species, I heard wc ones come in gravid at 2.5. I bred one of my females that Bill does have and that male was just alittle larger than her. and yes males do have tibial spurs