Indian Stick Insects not moulting

Ash Starling

Arachnopeon
I have 3 Indian stick insects (all female). One of which has moulted 4 times in it's life (3 times in my care) and the remaining two have not moulted once. It has been 6/8 weeks now and I am getting very worried. The temperature is fine and they are eating well. The two are green and the older one is brown. What should I do???

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I’d recommend you’d wait, no reason to worry. She may just be taking a little time, this is normal. Some phasmids mature after 4-5 moly’s and it’s very possible you or your supplier may have missed a couple of molts.

Pics may help us decide whether it’s mature yet,

Ash Starling

Arachnopeon
The brown big one is the one that has moulted multiple times. One of the two that have not moulted has 5 legs (since I got her) and she has grown that leg significantly but has not moulted (the leg is not fully grown). The last one has no antennae since she lost them 3/4 weeks later.
I am 13 yrs old and a first-time insect owner. I am probably worrying over nothing but in 4/5 day's time, maybe sooner, I am going to take them on a 5-ish hour journey. I do not want them to moult then because I know the dangers. I really care for them... I know they are just insects but they are cute and I want them to live their full lives.

Attachments

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
If the one started out with 5 legs and now has 6 but the leg is smaller, it has indeed molted. Insects only regenerate missing parts by molting. So you must have just missed it. Nothing to worry about :)

Ash Starling

Arachnopeon
If the one started out with 5 legs and now has 6 but the leg is smaller, it has indeed molted. Insects only regenerate missing parts by molting. So you must have just missed it. Nothing to worry about :)
Thank you soooo much!!! When I found out they sometimes eat their skin... I knew one day I would miss a moult. Thank you this has really helped!!!