incubating/hatching black widow egg sac?

macjizzle

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my friend supposedly found a black widow spider near our trashcans so i went to check and found nothing. i looked again and saw a white egg sac. it's a little smaller than a dime and it's as round as a small playing marble. anyway, i'm wondering how to incubate the eggs so that the egg sac can produce viable spiderlings. i've never had experience with any kind of egg sac so any comments would be truly helpful. thank you.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
try searching this (true spiders & other arachnids) forum for keywords like black widow, eggsac, hesperus, mactans, etc. there is a LOT of information on this exact subject :)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i've never "incubated" mine. they're fine ;)

but definitely do a search for lots of info... :D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
like widow said, no need to do anything..i had 6 sacs and one moring my bedroom was infested lol.......

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
like widow said, no need to do anything..i had 6 sacs and one moring my bedroom was infested lol.......
infested in the 1000's like me?! haha, fun times huh? {D

yeah, they are tough little buggers, i (being from CO) have found them crawling on the snow before :eek:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah it was crazy, a huge communal web with orange spots all over it lol.....

snow??? now that would be an interesting topic to explore:eek: i'd think they would be chilled almost to death by being exposed to that kind of cold...

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
snow??? now that would be an interesting topic to explore:eek: i'd think they would be chilled almost to death by being exposed to that kind of cold...
i would have thought so too... it was very sluggish, but after bringing it in and letting it get used to inside temps, it perked up really fast. pretty interesting, definitely caught me by surprise!

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is it normal for Steotoda to have two sacs at once? I suppose I'd leave it be like the Latros?