Incredible spider *link to pic

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow

I personally have not seen this for sale but it sure looks like a awsome T.

-Charlie

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That looks very similar to a Pterinochilus sp. pic in the T keeper's guide. I think I saw someone from overseas post a pic of one in the Yahoo arachnids pics forum. It's not likely you'll find one here anytime soon but keep your eyes open, you never know.
Good luck. :)

Atrax

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I had a few of these back in the early 90's. They were initially imported as Pterinochilus vorax (which was incorrect).

I hope we get some more into the hobby someday, they're absolutely incredible. The ventral sides of those legs are jet black and the orange-red of the tarsal segments is even more striking in real life -- believe it or not, the pic (as good as it is) doesn't do the spider justice.

bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't remember if I read it here or in the Tarantula Keepers Guide, but anyways I read that there is speculation that many of the different species of Pterinochilus are just different color variants of the same species.

Anyone know if this is true?

Jon

PS Awesome spider!

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know if it's true but I know what you're talking about. Yeah, it's speculated in the T keeper's guide that the color patterns of the same Pterinochilus sp. can vary from colony to colony. It would be cool to hear from the Schultz's if there's any follow up info on that theory.

Atrax

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have never seen it before but I love it from the first view. I am being in South Africa in April this year. Maybe I can get one there from a dealer. Hope that goes right with the german customs duty. I have to get some information on that. Maybe they allow me to bring in a T. I hope so. I have to get this one :)