Inanimate/Product Photography

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
A friend always told me shoot your image without being able to crop it in mind. One way to avoid those shadows is an external flash. Just adjust the power according to your aperture (assuming you're shooting up close) - keep your SS over 1/125 and have your flash angled torward your subject.

Or if you want to go all out, consider a 100mm f2.8 macro lens as well as a ring flash of some sort.
that is my next lens.
I do have an external flash, just didn't use it at the b-day party.

Selling a guitar and amp to get one :)

fixed:

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm selling my EOS 60D body with some extras
:0! why are you selling your body? did you get a markIII?

and how much?

mm craving!
chocolate date cake (i made it lol)
85mm 1.8

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
PM sent

and that almost looks like a mining site, haha

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Nerri1029

Old Timer
PM sent

and that almost looks like a mining site, haha

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

MMMMMM Chocolate strip mining !!

What Shutter Speed were you using for the drip?

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1/125, ISO 100, aperture 5.6 - flash wireless triggered at 1/64 power, 35mm

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Not too thrilling of a picture, but I was walking the dog and happened upon this couple laying in the grass and snapped a picture....

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I should have mentioned that I was in a cemetery. They were apparently grave decorations that had been blown from their site. We recently had a windstorm that really left the place in a bit of a mess. At least I didn't hear scurrying sounds only to turn around to see they had moved!:eek:

I have a couple more from there that folks have liked, maybe I'll post them later. One doesn't really fit the thread rules, though. It's more of a landscape shot.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it's not directly of a living animal/person, post it anyway!

Hey Crysta, the lens came in and it's pretty great. Very sharp stopped down at 5.6

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Test shot at 1/200, ISO 100, f5.6
wireless flash at 35mm 1/64 power
And YES, the zipper to the case the lens has (for some god awful reason) says kkk on it.
I might file it down.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Okay, here are a couple more. The family liked the first one, but I dunno...the more I look at it the less pleased I am. I like the next one better. Keep in mind that I am only using a Nikon Coolpix L22, one of the lower end models in the Coolpix line. I received it as a Christmas gift and I like it, but it's just a point and shoot.

Attachments

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I enjoy the first one more, more to see.

And idk why it says kkk!

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Up close on some water drops that turned out to make a very neat effect with the angle I was at!

Nerri1029

Old Timer
Water drops, the first lenses.

as for KKK pretty sure that's a zipper company 3K Zippers.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My dad informed me of the same thing, very random

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I snapped this and hurried on my way. The metamorphosis clearly nearing completion, I had no desire to see the true owner of those black, soulless eyes emerge from its teddy bear shell. I fear that tonight I shall hear it scratching at my window, inviting me to come play with it. Forever and ever.

Attachments