In the news and media ...

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know what to think or say about what I just read...
<Leaves topic deep in thought.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Mark Voegel, 30, was found dead in his Dortmund, Germany apartment. His body was draped in spider webs and more than 200 spiders, several snakes, thousands of termites, and a gecko were feasting on his corpse.

this has to be a lie .. how were snakes feasting on him. its not like they can take a bite and chew it up. they swallow their prey whole.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Actually that's an older news piece and there have been discussions about it here in the past. Note the date of Aug. 3, 2007 at the top. Personally, I take issue with almost every piece of information in that article as relates to invertebrates.

Latrodectus (widows) are very , very rarely fatal to a healthy adult.

Why would the spiders congregate to his body and cover it with webs? It makes no sense.

Tarantulas would not carry chunks of flesh back to their web to feed.

Termites do not eat meat.

Heating elements are explosive? News to me.

Death999

Arachnopeon
I wonder if thats the same story that they had on 1,000 ways to die?

they said the guy thought he could build an immunity to the widows venom by letting it bite him:rolleyes:

once he realized he was going to die he let all his critters loose

I love spiders and all but I don't understand why anyone would want a black widow as a pet or then again why are they even allowed to be sold?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think this was on a 1000 ways to die. Guy thought he could develop an immunity to the venom like with snakes.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure what irritates me more.. the fact that people push this garbage out to the public, or that the public believes it. :wall::wall:

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I call shenanigans on this. It might be based on a true story, but if so then it's been stretched out of truthful proportions.