In need of a cleaning, any suggestions?

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's getting to that time where my T's cage needs a good thorough cleaning. (Substrate is getting grungy *no I don't get the substrate wet* walls are gettin grungy from the misting, those kinds of things.) However, my Avic doesn't like to be caught out in the open, always dartin back for it's web and what not. I don't want to destroy the web in the cleaning process but because of where the web is and what it's attached to, it will probably get wrecked. Now here's the questions. 1) How would I go about getting it out of the web without stayin up till 3 am and HOPING that it's come pokin around. 2) Provided the web gets damaged, should I leave it there for repairs, or completely remove it and let the T build a new house?

I don't want to stress the poor thing out, but I just don't want it to live in a potentially dangerous habitat, what with the soon to be ugly cage if it doesn't get cleaned.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
With my Avics, I just wipe the substrate out from the bottom (my tanks mostly open completely from one side) and wipe the floor and walls with a warm wet paper towel to get as much of the dirt or poo off as I can. Then just fill it up with new substrate. They usually just stay in the web while I do any maintenance. No need to really disturb the web unless you need to to get the lid off or door open. If it would really cause a lot of destruction to the web, I would just say don't clean it unless there is obvious mold or prey parts you need to get out.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, so I'll probly be better off just turfin as much substrate as I can and wiping everything down...that'll be good enough? I hope it doesn't bother the T xD