in case anybody wanted to know

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
211
This is what a mature male Aphonopelma sp..carlsbad green looks like.
he molted yesterday.


Photo by Mike F. (devildoll)
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
267
seemingly like any other aphonopelma species.... pretty laid back. i'm sure some are jumpy, but it seemed pretty laid back to me for photo shoot.
 

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
Originally posted by Devildoll
seemingly like any other aphonopelma species.... pretty laid back. i'm sure some are jumpy, but it seemed pretty laid back to me for photo shoot.
I wouldn't mind having a female of that species then.
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Oh.
Now isn't he a handsome sweetheart.
Congrates on the successful moult.
 

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
211
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
I wouldn't mind having a female of that species then.


The females don't look like that.they are brownish green.
I'll post a pic of a female in a couple days.
 

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
947
Originally posted by Cronoss
The females don't look like that.they are brownish green.
I'll post a pic of a female in a couple days.
Would you say that the females are much prettier?
 

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
1,776
Originally posted by Cronoss
This is what a mature male Aphonopelma sp..carlsbad green looks like.
he molted yesterday.


Photo by Mike F. (devildoll)
HMMMM, Aphonopelma tnerb, heh, LOL
 

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 22, 2002
Messages
3,786
That is a great photo. All I've seen are the rather plain looking females/subadults. That's a very attractive mature coloration.
That's one of the nicest things about Aphonopelmas, no matter what you might have thought that T was, if it's a boy, when it matures you're going to know it.
 

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 27, 2002
Messages
1,442
Is that one of them I sent up to you or did you already have some on hand?

Botar
 

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
211
Originally posted by Botar
Is that one of them I sent up to you or did you already have some on hand?

Botar


It's one of the ones you had marked premolt.
it molted 2 days after i got it
 

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 27, 2002
Messages
1,442
Originally posted by Cronoss
It's one of the ones you had marked premolt.
it molted 2 days after i got it
Awesome. Have you been able to determine if you've got a female in that group large enough to breed?

Botar
 

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
211
Originally posted by Botar
Awesome. Have you been able to determine if you've got a female in that group large enough to breed?

Botar



Yes one of the others marked premolt is a large female.
as soon as she molts,i'll breed them
 

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 27, 2002
Messages
1,442
Well that is great news. Good luck and keep me posted.

Botar
 

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
Joined
Jul 24, 2002
Messages
2,354
Steve,

tA.tnerb..heh heh

Shasta has got you in her power.

John
];')
 
Top