Impulse buy

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My roommate impulsively bought me an avicularia avicularia while we were at petsmart today. I am so excited and happy to have my second T/first arboreal. 😁 It is super sweet and crawled around on my hand during the rehouse. I'm so in love.
Do you know how to care for it? Many new Avic owners KILL their Ts because they have no idea what they are doing for Avics due to lack of research.

Please see my pink link!

Sterls

Arachnobaron
If the enclosure in the background of the 3rd pic is it's new home, looks like it could use more ventilation. You don't want a stuffy, humid enclosure. Make sure you check out viper's post above.

xwildatheartx

Arachnopeon
Can we see the whole enclosure? Do you know how to care for it?
I have done some research since getting home with it. I know cross ventilation is key and not to mist, keep it relatively dry.

If the enclosure in the background of the 3rd pic is it's new home, looks like it could use more ventilation. You don't want a stuffy, humid enclosure. Make sure you check out viper's post above.
That is its new home. I did ventilation holes all around the sides and four in the top. Is that not enough? Should I do more?

Do you know how to care for it? Many new Avic owners KILL their Ts because they have no idea what they are doing for Avics due to lack of research.

Please see my pink link!
Would you mind sending the link to it? I'd greatly appreciate it. 😁

xwildatheartx

Arachnopeon
Rotate your phone
Omg thank you lol magic 😂

Please see my pink link!
Just read that post. Thanks a lot. I've done most of that, and corrected what I didn't do (primarily added more ventilation holes). This is my first arboreal and I'm still very new to the hobby. Any advice is much appreciated. I hope to give this beauty a long, happy life. 😁

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Beautiful and congratulations. Careful though as I just did the same thing with the same species and it sealed itself into it's burrow and made an egg sack for two months lol. Obviously wild caught, at least I know for a fact it's female. Had to rip her lair open and take her sack from her so she wouldn't starve to death. Eggs were all duds. Here she is being rehoused. Love Avics, good luck with yours.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Okay I added another row of holes, might do another later on. And sorry I didn't see that I'm on my phone and still relatively new to the site 😅
Tilt phone sideways aka landscape to see full screen like a PC

Just read that post. Thanks a lot. I've done most of that, and corrected what I didn't do (primarily added more ventilation holes). This is my first arboreal and I'm still very new to the hobby. Any advice is much appreciated. I hope to give this beauty a long, happy life. 😁
Post a competed T cage when done

xwildatheartx

Arachnopeon
This may work. I prefer more holes vertical and across-‘remember air isn’t only at the top of a canopy ;)
I'll probably add some along the sides as well tomorrow before work just to play it safe. I knew a bit about them before I got one (not in depth though) and had heard they can be a bit finicky since there's so much back and forth on their husbandry. But I'm going to do my best, cause this one is absolutely gorgeous and such a sweetheart. I will update the final enclosure once it's done 😁 also for when it gets bigger what enclosure would you suggest?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll probably add some along the sides as well tomorrow before work just to play it safe. I knew a bit about them before I got one (not in depth though) and had heard they can be a bit finicky since there's so much back and forth on their husbandry. But I'm going to do my best, cause this one is absolutely gorgeous and such a sweetheart. I will update the final enclosure once it's done 😁 also for when it gets bigger what enclosure would you suggest?
ExoTerra works for me
There isn’t any back and forth on their husbandry from senior and experienced Avic keepers when it comes to humidity.

Only back and forth is generally from people parroting others as they know little or zip

We are all learners here

xwildatheartx

Arachnopeon
ExoTerra works for me
There isn’t any back and forth on their husbandry from senior and experienced Avic keepers when it comes to humidity.

Only back and forth is generally from people parroting others as they know little or zip

We are all learners here
Yeah I meant just for people starting out that research online and find things that don't match lol but thank you, I have now put vertical holes down the sides. I did three down in four areas.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah I meant just for people starting out that research online and find things that don't match lol but thank you, I have now put vertical holes down the sides. I did three down in four areas.
That will work, make sure the holes aren't too large for an escape. Check carapace size against the holes' size.

xwildatheartx

Arachnopeon
That will work, make sure the holes aren't too large for an escape. Check carapace size against the holes' size.
Already done! She's a pretty big T (much larger than my g pulchra sling) so the holes should be small enough to prevent escape.