improper husbandry hint at postmolt...?

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
my B. Vagans just molted,he/she is now a solid 2"+, and i noticed that the exuv is in irregular shape,or atleast in my experience,since most of the exuv i collect in the past from all of my Ts(including this one) is bent in such a way that all the toes are touching each other.but the one i just collected is positioned in a way like deathcurl tarantula does(please see the uploaded pict)

Now im not sure if its a natural occurrence or its a sign of an improper husbandry.it might be nothing,or it might be something, either way,i'd really like your inputs on this cuz if its something,then i dont want to neglect it and cause misery on my beloved.

Im not really that alarmed because after all,the molt was successful and he/she is moving actively(considering post molt). But given how the exuv is positioned and how rare it is(for my case anyway) to see as such, there MIGHT be a discomfort to my Ts,which i immediately plan to correct.

P.S. my containers are located and positioned in such a way that daily activities doesnt disturb the Ts,do i believe that there were no disturbance during the molting process.

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
No need to worry, when a T molts they often chew on their old skin so this is probably what your experiencing, it would explain the shape of the molt that you deem " unusual". Do you always take out all the other molts right when they're done? If your B.vagans is in good shape then don't even bother worrying.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Very well then,ill keep doing the same husbandry then,i guess it just freaked me out a little that the exuv was in a shape of a deathcurl tarantula. :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Very well then,ill keep doing the same husbandry then,i guess it just freaked me out a little that the exuv was in a shape of a deathcurl tarantula. :D
No reason to worry! Also, don't stress when (yes, when) you go to pull a molt and the T has ripped it to shreds :angelic:

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
My slings molted in their burrows and I wasn't able to extract them for over a week. In that time, they each used the molt as a pillow, a carpet, and wall decor, cramming the thing into a twisted mess before finally kicking it out. My point is, their molts get mangled into different shapes, and as long as the tarantula itself isn't in that position, and they completed the molt successfully as you said, there should be nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your babies. ;)