Imagine Tropic-aire ™ saved my hand from pain

dd5

Arachnopeon
I got a sub adult female T. Blondi at a recent reptile show as soon as i let her out i got a barrage of hairs flung at my palm. Felt like I slammed my hand against tiny shards of glass covered in acid. And she keeps trying to do it eveytime i mist her.

So I went out to buy some supplys for her and what do I find?
this wierd fish tank filter looking thing called a Tropic-aire labeled "humidifyer and air exchanger for reptile vivariums".
So I bought it and set it up to her terrium and Im very very satisfied it keeps the humidity always at 85-90% only downside is its $20 and requires a powerful air pump used in fish tanks (or a few pumps depending on how big your tank is)

comes to $70
for a 30 gallon btw...

No more risking my hand by having to mist from the top of the screen. I win Ms. mean tarantula ;P

Last edited:

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This sure sounds like a commercial. You don't happen to work for Tropic-aire ™ by chance? :)

Atrax

dd5

Arachnopeon
shhhh 5 bucks is 5 bucks lol

but really i likezors i just dun whana get sued for using name...

no i did nto work for a warez site

*looks around*

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
This sure sounds like a commercial. You don't happen to work for Tropic-aire ™ by chance? :)

Atrax
I agree. This does sound like an ad.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
By the way you forgot to put up the site, and contact numbers for the product you are tryng to sell

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol

EDIT:
alt, Save us the pain

Last edited:

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Does it come with a 5 year guarantee? What about a free net for catching small fish?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm particularly entertained by how upon being accused of being a company shill, the poster went from more or less normal English with only a handful of spelling errors to nigh gibberish in the followup. Methinks someone was typing from an already prepared script for the first post and the real "dd5" came out in the second post. That or the l33t speak was supposed to throw us off the trail, lol.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hah, yes, I actaully didn't quite know what to make of that...writing

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Slamming a hand with shards of glass? I mist my blondi all the time, the range isn't THAT good on those hairs. Open tank, mist inside, close tank. Even if the hairs came floating up out of a 30 gallon tank somehow, misting would cause them to come back down. I even rearrange stuff in the tank with my hands.

Not that a humidifier isn't a decent idea for a tank, but yeah, this post had some serious BS factor.

b

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The really sad thing about this "miracle product" is that anyone can build such a thing with some perlite, a 2 liter bottle, some aquarium hose, hard filter tubing, and a hotglue gun for about $4 tops. It's basically a reverse bong you hook up to an aquarium pump.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw these at the pet store last night for a mere $30 each. Probably more economical in the long run to humidify a room or a section of a room for high humidity inverts.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did anybody run into a similar post on any other arachnid message boards? That would prove that this was an ad if it was posted elsewhere as well.