I'm such a bleeding heart.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Another update: She's out of ICU, now. I've got her in a 2.5 gallon with a hide. She's happily sitting on top of it, now. She seems a lot better already.

-Bryan

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
Think that one animal will go home safe and healthy that night.
And unfortunately a bunch more will end up in the same position. I totally understand Bryan's compassion but it is a no win situation. The shop will get in more rosies, who'll starve or dehydrate until sold, until a few of their keep die, then, hopefully they'll not get any more. I'm not coming down on anyone for having good intentions, it's honorable from some perspectives, just a sad no win situation that will undoubtedly be perpetuated until people stop buying them and a few die. I HATE pet shops, most can't even look after birds and fish properly, I call them animal slave houses.

Steve

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bet they would keep getting more if they died. The pet shop by my house has still not learned its lesson after a few times.

Originally posted by Steve Nunn
And unfortunately a bunch more will end up in the same position. I totally understand Bryan's compassion but it is a no win situation. The shop will get in more rosies, who'll starve or dehydrate until sold, until a few of their keep die, then, hopefully they'll not get any more. I'm not coming down on anyone for having good intentions, it's honorable from some perspectives, just a sad no win situation that will undoubtedly be perpetuated until people stop buying them and a few die. I HATE pet shops, most can't even look after birds and fish properly, I call them animal slave houses.

Steve

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know... I just want to help that one animal you know. As bad as it is I wont have to see the others suffer... Just worry about that one I have and think it is in good hands. Maybe somebody should start some invert/reptile rescue group or something..If you don't mention reptile no one would even consider it. or try to get a policy going.. Maybe people who work with inverts and reptiles have to have special training.. Some kind of way to at least get some type of understanding from the pet shops. Anything that would help the animals. I mean we can't fix every pet shop in the world.. but we could help some.

Originally posted by Steve Nunn
Quite possible, see, it's a no win sit.

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You know, Looking at the orig. picture.. Its sad.

I mean, thats a good looking rosea, aside from that rasin-esque abdomen.

Poor guy.. Im really glad you came along to grab him.

-Jason