i'm so freakin mad i could snap!!!!!!!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well i just checked on my 2.5-3" P. rufilata, to discover it had finaly molted after about 2 months to find that its missing 3 legs!!:mad: 2 on one side and 1 on the other, one the legs on the side with 2 is twisted beyond use, i'm so pi$$@@ right now.My most exspensive pokie and my rarest t. i kept the humidty right and everything, i seen it make a web to molt in yesterday... it also dos'nt look like its gonna make it either, i put small pieces of tissue over the blood that was showing to try and stop it since i don't have any liquid nails or anything:( these are the kinds of things that make me want to just sell off all my slings and just keep adults, which i am very much considering right now, now if i want a rufilata i'll have to dish out another 40-50 bucks, i'm just aggravated right now sorry if i'm venting...

JEFF

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jeff,

I'm sorry buddy. It's horrible when you put so much time and effort and money into something and it turns to bust...

But, like anything else with life (sometimes women =D), you can't let one bad time spoil the lot! You can't let one bad sling ruin the lot....

I know its expensive, but its something we ALL realise going into this (well maybe not going into it, but VERY soon after, eh?). Thats the whole thing, too -- so much time and effort has been spent raising that little T and waiting and feeding, etc... and all the happiness and excitment that went into it all seems like it was for nothing... but...

you have to look at it, again, like anything else -- there's probably nothing you could have done (if the conditions were all ok) .. and not every T can live. Just like a person or a car or a dog or any other animal, some are just too weak to make it, or just aren't able to make it. As long as you did everything right...... I mean, you can't really expect everything to go perfectly. We all have that sad story about a dog or cat (or even T!) who had some tragic death when we were 7, right?

At any rate, I'm really sorry man. We've all been there, and it's a really really horrible feeling.

don't worry buddy, don't be angry at every sling, just get back into in after youre ready to move on.

again, you can't let one bad time ruin it for every other sling.
And who knows, s/he may even pull through!!!

good luck, man. seriously
peace
dave

Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

thanks dave,
i'm hoping that it will make it, at least be able to eat on its own god it just looks horrible, i just felt so mad when i seen it you know, lol why not another sling not the rufilata, god man i can't beleave this and it seems that this is a big thing now with pokie slings? the strange thing is when i got this sling there was another rufilata that was suppoed to come with it , that one died during a bad molt before i paid for it, and now this?i'm starting to wonder if this sling was from an inbreeding ?, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up i know that it will more than likely die later today, but if it dos'nt and it does well dammit it better be a female lol, well i guess i do feel a little better now, thanks again dave, best regards--Jeff

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What do you call a lady with one leg shorter than the other?
Ilene....
What do you call a chinese lady with one leg shorter than the other?
Irene....=D

on a serious note though, dont get mad yet, I have a pinktoe that did the same thing during a molt, eight months ago, still going strong, I thought it was going to pass to, it lived.....eats and everything fine....
So give it a chance before you give up on it.

Attachments

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the pokie,
I have a G. rosea (red phase) that lost two legs on one side a few weeks ago and I was also pissed when it happened. I know it's a natural thing for this to happen to a T, and you did everything you could do for it. Hopefully the T will make it and regenerate the legs with future molts. Good Luck.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
weapon-x: sorry about your luck. i hope everything turns out for the better, though. remember, tarantulas have eight legs, and even then, they can always crawl around on their pedipalps!

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that Jeff, hope it all works out for ya.

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sorry to hear another pokie problem, but hey at least he's still alive;) .

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Fisrt off, i want to thank everyone here in this thread, well it has been roughly around 10 hours, the t is acualy moving around and the blood has stopped:), i seriously now beleave she has a chance good chance at survival and regenerating her legs, i was rather upset about this intialy though, but i just looked in on it and she seems to moving okay, i guess the hard part is gonna be getting her to eat? pre killed food?, again you have my thanks:), i'll keep you guys updated on her condition, please any sugestions are welcome to help out, should i move her into a ICU conatiner from now on?--Jeff

Last edited:

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
if your rufilata is moving around fine, and the blood has stopped, you shouldn't have to put it in an icu container (unless you think it has lost a great deal of blood). the main purpose of an icu container is to keep the spider hydrated (for moving and blood-making reasons), to keep it warm (warmth speeds up metabolic rate and makes tarantula "heal" better), and to eliminate the stresses of everyday life in its enclosure, i.e. a "quiet" spot.

however, if you feel better with the rufilata in the icu for a day or so, by all means, do it! i'm a big believer in the worth of the icu—i brought my c. cyan back from the brink of death many times using my icu (before she officially offed herself by sticking her abdomen in the water bowl). keep us updated—many of us are counting on the little guy to pull through.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

krystal yeah i thik i'm gonna put her in the ICU for a few days just to be sure, thanks i'll keep you updated:), --Jeff

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow, i am so sorry! if it makes you feel any better, i had a close call with my T.blondi when it molted this morning. its cage was somehow full of blowflies overnight, an it had molted overnight. in trying to change her cage, i dropped her on my bed and she didn't scurry away like usual. she seems to be o.k. now hours later. i thought i'd lost mine, too.

Kristin:(

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently lost my big T.blondi and a week later my M.robustum. I love all my T's like they are my children and even cry when one dies but I too hated the fact that these were two of my expensive ones. It takes time and lots of saving to get the more expensive ones so yes we might get angry at the loss of $.

Becky

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jeff.
I hope your Rufilata recovers. Don't give up on her. On the bright side, it's still small which means it'll molt soon and frequently. If it pulls through the initial trauma it should regenerate in no time.
Best of luck to you and your P. rufie.

Atrax

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
1 Word:

ENOUGH

If I was not going to bed right now the two of you would be getting warned. Do not let me see more of this crap when I wake up. If you continue to act like children, you will be treated like children. You know who you are.....

Scott

BTW, sorry to hear about your rufi Jeff, had the same thing happen to an ornata once. Sucks, but it seems to be fairly common with pokes of all types.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
anyone else 100% confused by that post?

whats the deal with the rufi? Any good news?!!!! I hope so, sounded like a good last post you wrote!

peace,
dave