I'm pretty sure my A. Avic. is gone

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Update:

I checked on her this morning. Still absolutely no movement. However, she doesn't smell and isn't stiff at all. Very odd. I re-dampened her ICU and put her back where she was. That's about all that can be done I suppose.

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
I hope she pulls a miracle for you... It always sucks to have a sick T... and her being your first T :( :(

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Update: I think she moved! Not much, but still that's something. She's still unresponsive, but no smell yet. Huh...

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
wow, interesting. I know you have her in an icu but are you also taking her into the bathroom when you take a shower? That may help too.

Verneph

Arachnosquire
wow, interesting. I know you have her in an icu but are you also taking her into the bathroom when you take a shower? That may help too.
I'll try that later on if she remains "comatose" (really, what else would you call this?).

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um, if you're taking a shower with shampoo I wouldn't do that becuase of the perfume smell...

good luck with your critters.

btw when I poked my dead ockerti (she was stinking) and felt like a plum, her spinnerets would move when I touched her abdomen because of the hemo movement,... was really odd. (left her in my closet a couple days aftter that just to see, but ended up very stinky..)

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Um, if you're taking a shower with shampoo I wouldn't do that becuase of the perfume smell...

good luck with your critters.

btw when I poked my dead ockerti (she was stinking) and felt like a plum, her spinnerets would move when I touched her abdomen because of the hemo movement,... was really odd. (left her in my closet a couple days aftter that just to see, but ended up very stinky..)
Good to know.

And when I say she moved I mean I left her alone and when I came back her legs were in a different position.

ruca49

Arachnopeon
interesting...I good you didn't toss it...I would be interested to see how this turns out...please keep us updated...

Verneph

Arachnosquire
Update:

I am sad to say that Margarette did not make it. I had been trying to help her by dropping water into her mouth, but she has not moved in a week. I found that she had started to smell today, so I took her out and buried her underneath a tree.

Thank you everyone who offered advise. I do appreciate it. She was my first T, so I was really pushing for her to pull through.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Old Timer
If the spider is dead it will start to stink.
It is very unpleasant and disctinct so you will know it when you smell it.
yup, I have always left mine alone until I see no movement for days or transfer to an ICU.

Demonjack123

Arachnopeon
Update:

I am sad to say that Margarette did not make it. I had been trying to help her by dropping water into her mouth, but she has not moved in a week. I found that she had started to smell today, so I took her out and buried her underneath a tree.

Thank you everyone who offered advise. I do appreciate it. She was my first T, so I was really pushing for her to pull through.
So sorry to hear that man! =( but I don't think you needed to drip water into her mouth? I thought ICU would take care of any thirst through humdity

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ambient humidity has nothing to do with actually ingesting water.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Best advice ever.. Leave them alone till they start to stink.
I had an emperor I accidently killed, or so i thought.... and sure enough.. I threw it in an icu and watched her.. about 4 days later she moved... a day later she walked around.. next day her tail was up like normal....
another 2 weeks later, she looked dead again...
this time, about 4-5 days later she smelled... and was gooey....
so, like with the video, there's only one way to be sure.