Im in so much trouble...

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im in so much trouble...

My Chaerilus Celebensis (one of which look gravid) has jus p[op last night wheil im sleepinG! now i have a problem how ami suppose to feed these (est 20++) lil buggers! ther arn even 2 mm! any one has any experience ? telow? or vixvy?

hmmm.. any one? haha

pictures tomorrow , gonna borrow a cam again! i should buy one soon :(

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
what about razoring up tiny roach nymphs. it would be the same size proportion as when i used to butcher 2week crickets for ~1/4" tarantula spiderlings, i think.

also, i used to have a species of beetle that made "micromealworms" that were at most 3mm long, but thin as hairs almost. the beetles were absolutely tiny, like 3-4mm too. i found mine as pests in some dry food product that i can't remember now

edit:

and i can't wait for you to get a cam again! try using double lens magnifying glasses. i took a pic that shows a leg feature on a centipede that is only ~300-400 microns wide using a triple lens magnifier and a 5.1 megapixel camera :)

Last edited:

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've also heard of something similar to the above, chopping up the stomachs of freshly killed crickets. Heard good things about it. Can't wait for pics.

Ed

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
try termites or those fat ants, just squish the head. on the wild they eat anything, they just gang it, but the 1st meals might be ants or someother mini insects like fruitflies or maybe some of their brothers and sisters, LOL!!!

i wonder why they are so small, even if the adults where almost the same size of adult i macs.

why not try plutting a 2 or 3 crix on your blender then set it to max, then use a q-tip or cotton buds dipped on your crix juice then slowly place it on the mout of your tiny scorps. that will do it. but make sure your going to clean the mess, it smells like hell if you forgot the clean it up. :)

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i) kahoy, have you actually done that and it works?? if so, awesome! :clap: {D
ii) walton, what about springtails? they're pretty tiny... though maybe hard for the scorplings to catch! ;)

cheers! :D
- munis

try termites or those fat ants, just squish the head. on the wild they eat anything, they just gang it, but the 1st meals might be ants or someother mini insects like fruitflies or maybe some of their brothers and sisters, LOL!!!

i wonder why they are so small, even if the adults where almost the same size of adult i macs.

why not try plutting a 2 or 3 crix on your blender then set it to max, then use a q-tip or cotton buds dipped on your crix juice then slowly place it on the mout of your tiny scorps. that will do it. but make sure your going to clean the mess, it smells like hell if you forgot the clean it up. :)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ur topic title scared me walton :| :D

good news :)

EDIT: ps, of those termites you found, dont give them the ones with the black pointy heads.. these spit nasty chemicals and stuff

only the workers :)

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yup, will remember that geroge! thanks guys.taking photos now!!! will edit them 2 night!

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Walton,

I am currently raising some on a diet of termites and pinheads. While they were 2nd instars I "pre killed" them by placing the insects in a container then I shook it. This woud stun them but not exactly kill them. But now that they are 3rd instars, I just leave the termites in the enclosure. BTW, I didn't bother separating the mom from the babies. Surprisingly, no cannibalism took place.

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My friend,

First of all congrats! Mine also popped just today. I have 96pcs Chaerilus celebensis 2instar. Try to feed them some pinheads every 3 days they are voracious eaters. if you cannot find some termites are great substitute if possible pinch the heads of the termites just to be safe. last sort of replacement is cricket legs. Do not worry with the size of the pinheads I have seen them attack and share one pinhead(as i have said its pinheads newly hatched cricket)

Good luck to your new brood!

I have an observation regarding done with a group of my chaerilus celebensis. I just want to share my observation. I have seen my chaerilus celebensis clutch about 15 of them. Two of my ungravid adopted the offsprings of the one that gave birth I think its because they are to many for the mother to carry(I am sure the two adopters are not gravid). Has anyone seen this with other species? Such a very communal species....

Hope this helps.

Last edited: