I'm glad to see their friends!???

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh well look at that, my little rosie looks like it just wants to be friends with that cricket, they have been real close lately, and she hasn't made the slightest sign of wanting to eat him... I'm thinking a molt coming up??? or just fasting? But she hasn't eaten in a long time, once last week, and before that it was about a month, so she went a month with nothing ate one cricket last week, and now shes making friends with her food. I think she wants to kiss the cricket... =D Maybe there will be a molt... I have some pictures of her abdomen, can anyone tell if it looks anything like a post-molt abdomen? I'm too dumb to know...

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rosies are very weird about eating.
I offer ours food daily.
They eat daily too.
But from what I hear I know they could up and just stop eating for no Apparent reason.
Sunshine has a bald spot that I have been eyeballing for months waiting for her to flop over or stop eating about.
Yours doesn't look either as balded or as dark.
But will leave that kinda answer to the expert type epoples.
Sunshine or Moonbeam will be my first rosie moults so I am waiting on the edge of my seat too.
:)

If she shows a continuing disinterest in that cricket.
Take it out and offer to her again in a few days.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
With no bald spot on the abdomen it's impossible to tell if your T is nearing a moult or not from those photos. As was said, Rosies are prone to going on fasts. Plus, a lot of wild caught Ts will fast during the winter months reacting to the photoperiod of natural light.

The other general thing to consider is that many owners seem to be under the impression these things need to eat often. My slings are lucky if they get offered food more than once a week, and I'll often go two weeks between feedings for the adults. It would take a T the size of your rose most likely *years* to starve to death with an abdomen that size, so if she shows no interest in food, just chalk it up to her not being interested in food.

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Got the camera out just to compare...

Alright. Heres sunshine.
You can see her last left leg is Alot smaller then the rest.
Guess she lost it at some point.
It was one of the reasons Faith picked her out.
You can see her bald patch is pretty clearly visable.
And though darker then it was. it has a way to go before turning black.

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And here is a better shot of the spot.
Keep in mind we are seemingly odd for T people.
the twins feed their's daily.
Along with all the Other pets they have.
They enjoy caring for their babies and daily offering of food is part of their day to day schedual and the T's get fed right after school.
Sunshine and Moonbeam average betwen one and three fat large crickets a day.
Most don't offer near that much.
And like Code Monkey said it would take a LONG time for her to be in danger of starvation.
I know you want to see your baby eat.
As any pet owner does.
It's just difficult to get used to they're strange eating habits.
Just offer when You want.
She will eat, or not.
But she looks just fine. :)

Attachments

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
The photo of your T looks exactly like mine did right before she molted about a week ago. She didn't get bald or really dark, The weird discolored lighter patch like on your T is exactly how she looked. She was an eating machine and just stopped eating one day. Didn't eat for like a month and then she molted. I fed her last night (made sure she was hardened up) and she pounced on the cricket in 10 seconds flat. Wicked!:D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lmao thats cute hope they have a long and happy releanship :D

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) yup a rose can be s strange beastie:? i threw in a locust , she went over to it , touched it, was about to fangulate it:D then decided nah n turned her back on it:? either she has eyes bigger than her stomach or she decided that she didnt want sunday locust again:?

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Mine hasnt eaten in ages either. She pretends to be hungry, but then says "mmm, no." and ignores it. When she does eat though, she eats like a pig, so it makes up for it. HEre she is:

Attachments

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well, sad to say but they are no longer friends, but they were for most of the day, My rosie (billy) sat on top of her flower pot, and right next to her was her buddy the cricket, it was pretty much touching her, didn't seem to bother her, they were buds, but i got tired of the cricket stealing my friend, so i said "come here cricket!!!!" and i got it, and i said... hmm my other rosie looks hungry... and i put the little cricket in its tank, and... well the cricket is now dead!!!!! hahahaha oh well!!!! hahaha! Hopefully she will molt, Her last molt was, August 11th... it's been only 7 months, for her size a molt shouldn't be to far away... she eats like crazy... besides right now, when shes making friends with her food.. haha but thats over... ill let you guys know what happens! thanks for all the feedback! :)