I'm curious as to know how to breed Theraposa Blondis I currently just purchased 3 True Blondis

Abyss

Arachnoknight
I am 100% certain. Slings are pretty cheap, although not freebie cheap. Slings run for around $15-20, and I got my adult female for $80. It's not uncommon at all to see adults under $100. And no, their sacs are usually over 1000, that's why I don't get how they're so darn expensive.

EDIT: I'm talking expo prices, by the way, but even dealers online aren't much more than $150. Just look on Google.
I can vouch, i see adults m/f both regularly under $100 at reptile shows

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I am 100% certain. Slings are pretty cheap, although not freebie cheap. Slings run for around $15-20, and I got my adult female for $80. It's not uncommon at all to see adults under $100. And no, their sacs are usually over 1000, that's why I don't get how they're so darn expensive.

EDIT: I'm talking expo prices, by the way, but even dealers online aren't much more than $150. Just look on Google.
is the sac size the same for blondi and apophysis? nvrmind, lol. i knew i wasnt crazy!

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
I encourage all as always to do their research prior to clicking the post reply button.

Stirmi does not have any where near that of Lassiadora as I have had parahybana with over 2000 slings and Blondi/ Apophysis follow suit with stirmi. It is of great benefit to seek out and research individuals who have successfully produced not just bred. Facts I have seen personally are all are easy to breed, but getting a viable sac is not easy. I have had all 3 variants either eat sacs, not produce, in one stirmi case had only 2 babies make it past 2nd i years ago, and another shot her eggs all over the tank with out wrapping any up. Hats off to those that prodcuced quite a few years ago and to those that will they should be priced accordingly to all of your efforts and time spent raising to giant size and producing. For all those who got blessed on a wild caught pairing and or a wild caught gravid female then that's always fun as well, but much less work, time, money raising them :)

Just recently we have seen sacs produced overseas with some success. Because these are captive born and not easy the price is high. If individuals want to purchase wild caught females and or males then stirmi are avaliable for cheaper. This is obviously due to them being snatched up, thrown in a cup, and then sold as is or a molt after as is. If one does not mind wild caught then that is the risk they take for the price they pay and to each their own.

If one really wanted answers about any or all the specimens perhaps they should seek out those who bred them over seas recently or state side years back and ask.

Here is an AB report in 14

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/theraphosa-stirmi-egg-sac-result.268172/

F.Y.I There are also several other breeding reports just have to use the search function, breeding reports, Theraphosa.

Last edited:

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
Here in UK blondis are not that rare. They still carry a heavy price tag. I can't speak for the US however.

What sex are the blondis that you have purchased?

What have you bred before?
I haven't bred anything yet but like I told people I'm literally down the street from Paul Becker at pet
The only thing I know is that they're supposed to be difficult to breed.

Any pics of your Blondi's?

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
The only thing I know is that they're supposed to be difficult to breed.

Any pics of your Blondi's?
I literally waited for them to harden a bit they just molted so I took pics but I can't figure out how to post

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
They're next to impossible to find. Oh, they're advertised all the time (along with the price tag), but I've never actually seen even a juvie for sale. They always turn out to be T. stirmi.
Yeah no I actually have juvie Stirmi and juvie blondi and you can clearly tell the difference I'm not sure why people have a hard time

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
I can believe that. I see people here getting strimi instead of blondi. Of course there is always people trying to con others.

I have still to grow fond of this genus. I think the strimi I am keeping at the moment is going to molt soon. I need to buy some swimming goggles very soon. :watchingyou:

Are strimi expensive in US?
My Stirmi cost me only $89 each

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast

Attachments

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
This isn't mine I got this from the web I haven't taken any pics of the Stirmi it's midnight I'll take pics of them tomorrow and post those live but just to show what I mean this pic from the web shows the markings I'm talkomg about Blondis don't have them

Attachments

Eli824

ArachnoEnthusiast
This isn't mine I got this from the web I haven't taken any pics of the Stirmi it's midnight I'll take pics of them tomorrow and post those live but just to show what I mean this pic from the web shows the markings I'm talkomg about Blondis don't have them
This also isn't mine it's from the web but it's clearer then my homemade pictures and if you notice this little guy is as dark as mine and also there are no markings on the legs that's how you know it's a blondi sling

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
All theraphosa sp have the markings as slings. They look similar until later down the line at juvenile stage. If you can take a close up of yours with flash that would be great

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
All theraphosa sp have the markings as slings. They look similar until later down the line at juvenile stage. If you can take a close up of yours with flash that would be great
Don't stirmi and blondi look much the same as juvies and adults, except for the legs being hairy all the way with blondi? Totally not an expert though...

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Perhaps there is a reason I posted the link I did in post # 14 where Jose post the growth of all 3 variety from sling to juvie yet there are adults pictured on that thread as well and I am sure Jose will continue to post up dated pictures. Also perhaps there is a reason I mentioned the use of the search function on this forum in post #26....just saying.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/im...purchased-3-true-blondis.289496/#post-2561323

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/im...sed-3-true-blondis.289496/page-2#post-2561709

Last post, best of luck, and have fun,
Joe Rossi

Last edited: